Problems with FOs

Hi all.

My battle plans usually start with some sort of prep fire into suspected positions. The problem I have is moving my FOs onto position to get "eyes on".

As soon as I'm in position I attract HMG fire etc. I've tried going in slow with "Hide" at the last way point but still ended up seen before I could call in the fire mission.

Any advice as to the best way to move into reciprocal LOS and stay hidden?

Thanks JTF.

I've tried going in slow with "Hide" at the last way point but still ended up seen before I could call in the fire mission.

if that's the case I think that position is bad (ie if it's too close to the enemy or something), maybe considering switch to another OP...

also if arty support is available from scenario start you can call them in before pressing the go button, at this phase LOS is not needed.

Don't worry about the nuances of getting your FOs into position - anything that is offered up is a gamey solution in this regard.

You need to first of all think about what your mission is.

Then think about what you need to target in order to accomplish the mission.

When you've worked that out, you need to work out how you are going to find it or where it could be reasonably be expected to be.

On working that out you need to send stuff out (not FOs) to confirm or deny its location.

Once you've done that ... then you move your FO into a position to observe the target.

Then you need to make sure that you concentrate your firepower (not just artillery) to destroy that target.

Then you collect tea and medals.