You know you play enough CMRT...

When you're out with your wife and dogs on a beautiful spring morning, passing the lovely Japanese gardens, and little league teams are playing on the field across the street, and families are passing by with the cutest little kids ever, and you look at the trees, bushes, winding paths, and many elevation changes of the exquisite gardens and think...

"I wonder how to make winding paths...."

heh heh map maker humor.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah then all is not forsaken, I'm not alone in thinking about how the nice 1700 country estate my office is in would be a perfect CMBN:MG map :D

Perhaps I shouldn't mention the visions that come after hour long sessions of CM before hitting the sack ;)

...when you are looking at any landscape and think "If i wanted to take that hill over there, where are the covered Avenues of Approach? Where is the Key Terrain, couldnt there be a sniper in that church tower over there?"

No kidding, i ve really caught myself doing this :D.

I have not been above occasionally sticking out my index finger in the familiar 'gun' pose, pointing at a copse of trees and making a "ptchew! ptchew!" firing sound as I passed it. Sometime' a guy's just gotta 'area fire' to be on the safe side. ;)

....on a road trip with my brother, he was on the lookout for wild turkeys in the brush and woods while I commented on why one patch would be where I would drop a couple mortar rounds...just in case.

B.

He-he.

But CM doesn't always win the internal dialog tug of war.

On the other side of the street from the baseball field is a women's college.

It better while you are with your wife or your gonna be playing Combat Mission all night on the couch.

It better while you are with your wife or your gonna be playing Combat Mission all night on the couch.

I consider presenting a public face of indifference to the sea of Japanese feminine beauty that greets me every morning when I step outside my door to be a kind of Vulcan stoicism training.

I've gotten pretty good at it now.

But Vulcans can read minds, too...

And no one is going to be tossing me a Kolinahr any time soon.

when i get to work and we are wearing pea dot waffen ss camo and they are what the? i say gaj mod ware house they are like whoa. we go out front theres a wooden bunker there and they are like what the?and im like modware house..So i tell marie get to the top floor to call in arty.Shes like what the c**p .whos arty?and then they are shakin me sayin bob bob you are in charge of the johnson account im like what the?

Oh, yeah--we are both proud members of the Japanese wives club, right?

We are in Niigata. -Don't get to Tokyo too often, but if you are ever in the neighborhood, we'll have to link up and hit an izakaya for a few rounds of the good stuff.

Niigata eh? So how spoiled on sake are you?

I have been around quite a bit of southern Japan, but we keep talking about going north. Sounds like a good excuse. I'll keep you in mind next trip planning time

Niigata eh? So how spoiled on sake are you?

I have been around quite a bit of southern Japan, but we keep talking about going north. Sounds like a good excuse. I'll keep you in mind next trip planning time

Sounds good, sburke.

Niigata isn't the most picturesque city in Japan, and the winters are tough and long, but it is relatively safe from tsunami and the rice and sake are quite good. In fact, the reasons to visit boil down to: good rice, good sake, and good fish.

It's usually still cold, but there is a yearly "spring" sake festival we've been to a few times called Sake no Jin (http://sakenojin.jp/). Lots of good stuff to try there.

Beppu, huh? That's famous onsen country. Nice! I would sure love to live further south. I've become a warm-weather guy in my old age. The missus has roots here, though. So, it looks like I'll be spending 7-8 months a year in the White Witch's dungeon for the duration.

I can't tell you how often I've found myself driving down the highway and with my peripheral vision I'm checking out likely ambush positions as I pass. its the CM player's equivalent of the 'thousand yard stare'.

It took a while after my Army days to STOP doing that. It also took me a while to decide that a camping vacation would be a good idea.