Points display in scenario Unit Editor

Finally motivated to have a tinker with AI plans, I've been looking at the CMBN v2.11 engine manual. On page 89 there's a "note" callout:

Note: Purchase and Rarity points are shown in the Editor to provide guidance on balanced force compositions for Scenario Authors, but play no other role...

I know this has been asked for, and assumed I'd blithely missed seeing it when tinkering in the editor before. Excited, I went to see and was disappointed to find that points values are not actually displayed as I hoped. :(

Is this something that is intended (did it make RT)? Or is the manual reflecting a reality that will never be?

I never noticed that in the editor.

I don't think it's ever been there to notice... :)

I just checked CMRT and found no points in the scenario editor's unit picking screen.

Aw shucks. That's disappointing. I wonder why this entry's there in the manual.

I would really like that actually. I think I have something for my empty wish list slot...

It's been something that's come up from time to time in the various "suggestions for improvements/new features". Some veteran scenario makers don't see the worth of it, but I think that's because they're veterans. The "guidance" that the "Note" refers to would be welcome for us tyros.

I don't think it's ever been there to notice... :)

Indeed. I meant I did not check CMRT carefully. When you quoted the manual my first thought was "wow that's awsome, I spent only a brief time in the CMRT scenario editor I could have easily missed it". So I checked with a little hope in my heart that it would be there waiting for me. :D

Is the same "Note" still in the v3 engine manual too? I only have the 2.11 engine manual. I can only think it's a sign of an intent, if it's still in the manual when it's something that's never, AFAIK, actually been an implemented feature.

Quote:

Note: Purchase and Rarity points are shown in the Editor to provide guidance on balanced force compositions for Scenario Authors, but play no other role...

Cheap US rockets make for balanced scenarios :P;)

Seriously though, Id love to see this included.