Unstopable Infantry

Guest scurlock

Guest scurlock

There's been a thread or two on the boldness of infantry down to the last man or two. I like the game play as is, but nonetheless think there is merit to the complaints. I have a plausible sollution that I think makes sence, and should be easy to program. Once an infantry squad is below 30% strenth it should remained pinned as long as it is receiving direct fire. Once it is no longer receiving direct fire it disperses to tend the wounded, leaving the board just like casualties do. This seems realistic to me. The only exception to the rule should be HQ units.

If you read down to the end of that thread you'll see that the issue you are describing has changed massively since the beta demo.

I don't see 1 or 2-man squads charging anymore... Bloody AI keeps trying to outflank every position I set up though, currently I'm playing 1 game in which I've retreated my company through 3 entire defensive lines as I try to bleed a German battalion enough to actually stand fast and fight them man to man.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers