Such A Shame Total Conversion Mods Not Allowed...

Reckon you could do a fair approximation of SCW in FI. You'd have to exercise some self-discipline, but much of the hardware is there in the Italian OOB. You might not be able to portray every engagement, but you could have some fun with a mod.

It's not so much that total conversion mods aren't allowed but that it would be very difficult to achieve, since the vehicle and equipment are not only 3D models, their performance/rules are hard coded. As far as I can see, whatever you can mod in the game as it is, is in fact allowed.

To get an idea of how much work would be involved, think of it this way: CMFI/CMRT are in a way 'total conversion mods' of CMBN. They use the same engine (with some tweaks along the way) yet I believe most of the work is in ToE, making the models and coding weapons performance correctly etc.

So with a full time staff of 6 to 12 guys + 30 volunteers for testing and scenario design you might turn out a SCW module in 6 months or more. Probably more, since you would be lacking BFC's familiarity with all the ins and outs of the code and engine.

You can use what you got to mod the game as far as it will take you. I remember years ago I had put together a CMSF African peacekeeping force mod pack for Red vs Red battles. A few changes here, a few changes there, and CMSF was a whole different game! :D

Oh! Surprise surprise, after all this time I still have old screenshots of the mod pack in my Photobucket.

SplashScreenSample.jpg~original

AfricaFaces.jpg~original

TKCM_Screensht.jpg~original

AfPackFighter_Screensht.jpg~original

I just don't see a Spanish Civil War game being all that popular, to be honest.

It could be. I enjoy(ed) CM:A quite a bit. I don't know how popular it is, however.

SCW: early testing grounds for TO&E for WWII. Small tanks are terrors, but mechanically fragile and sport small guns. Bolt action is all the rage. Small (by WWII standards) forces. Unique historic terrain to fight over.

I'd buy it, but then I admit to my addiction. ;)

I'd be happy with a model viewer so I could check out the wireframes. Being able to export the models so we could use them as a base for adding/sculpting details that could be used to generate normal maps would be nice. Being able to repack models so we could fix some of the UVing issues and perhaps try to reduce polygon counts would be fantastic.

I remember years ago I had put together a CMSF African peacekeeping force mod pack for Red vs Red battles.

That's a really great mod. It's been a fixture of my "Z" folder.

I hope when CM Black Sea comes out, (or the rumored updated version of CMSF) you'll consider doing another African mod pack!

I'd be happy with a model viewer so I could check out the wireframes. Being able to export the models so we could use them as a base for adding/sculpting details that could be used to generate normal maps would be nice. Being able to repack models so we could fix some of the UVing issues and perhaps try to reduce polygon counts would be fantastic.

hear hear. any improvement in "modability" or... at least make them more accessible would be quite nice.

If that where allowed and with the talent within tthe community then BF would have no way of making any money as modders would have done it all. So I cna understand the reasoning and it doesn't bother me at all.

As someone else said if your good enough talk to BF, they may let you go ahead and make a new CM game.

I want to kill tanks Antonio Coll's style "echando cojones" :-D

"Antonio Coll, a republican sailor fighting in the Usera suburb, invented a new anti-tank technique known as “echando cojones al asunto” (basically “with balls”) (Beevor, 1982). Coll threw himself on the ground in the path of three enemy tanks, let them nearly reach him and then threw his bombs. Two were blown up; the third turned tail and fled. Coll was killed, but tanks were no longer seen as invincible."http://balagan.info/carabanchel-a-crossfire-scenario-in-the-spanish-civil-war

Regards

If that where allowed and with the talent within tthe community then BF would have no way of making any money as modders would have done it all. So I cna understand the reasoning and it doesn't bother me at all.

It actually makes me sad when thinking about today's gaming industry:( Otoh any man with rationality does understand ofc..

It actually makes me sad when thinking about today's gaming industry:( Otoh any man with rationality does understand ofc..

When huge firms like EA do this it's annoying and frustrating..but when it's a small developer like BFC I fully understand it.

You can mod and alter the game to your heart's content and provide the results for players to use. That's what Repository is for. If you try to turn your hobby endeavor into some kind of a money-making cottage industry, though, BFC might not exactly look kindly on that. Intellectual property rights and all that.

I want to kill tanks Antonio Coll's style "echando cojones" :-D

"Antonio Coll, a republican sailor fighting in the Usera suburb, invented a new anti-tank technique known as “echando cojones al asunto” (basically “with balls”) (Beevor, 1982). Coll threw himself on the ground in the path of three enemy tanks, let them nearly reach him and then threw his bombs. Two were blown up; the third turned tail and fled. Coll was killed, but tanks were no longer seen as invincible."http://balagan.info/carabanchel-a-crossfire-scenario-in-the-spanish-civil-war

Regards

Reminds me of a quote from a spanish republic captain when informed the fascists troops were advancing on his sector:

"Estoy hasta los cojones de momentos históricos!" "I'm fu*king sick of historical moments!"