Scenario Editor: How to have a destroyed PAK40?

I thought I had done this before but maybe do not recall correctly.

I am working on a scenario that starts off with the action already in progress so to speak. At least on one part of the map. I have successfully added a destroyed tank and an immobilized tank. I have done that many times. We all have.

Trying to have a destroyed, abandoned PAK40. It is not working.

On the unit purchase screen in the scenario editor I tried destroyed and even dismounted. Nothing works. Went to deploy and checked the gun and thought I would have to dismount the crew first? Can't select dismount action.

Unless someone sees what I am doing wrong, my only thought is to set ammo to severe, cut crew down to 50% and just figure they will abandon the gun or go down quickly anyway on turn 1.

Thanks for any help.

Had the same problem with an 88mm Flak in my CMBN scenario 'Three Patrol Action.' Not sure if anything has changed in CMRT.

Workaround I did was change the skill level to conscript, motivation to low and supply to scarce. The gun should have no shells and the crew will bail as soon as a bullet comes their way. Either way the gun isn't going to have an impact on the enemy.

No, not a bug. You've never been able to have KO'd guns at-start. Ithikial has the best solution: 50% cas, scarce ammo, conscript, low morale, -2 leadership, unfit, no HQ, etc. Make them as useless as possible, and the gun will be KO'd soon enough.

Only issue with the work around I described is the soldiers still provide some spotting capability from that spot until they break. Wasn't going to be an issue in the case where I used it since the engagement starts immediately directly following a close quarters ambush. However this workaround could be a problem if kohlenklau wants a more traditional 'approach the enemy first' type of battle. Useless guns are still going to provide good intel on the approach and disposition of opposing forces.