Beutezug

This is a fun scenario: I love the premise and the variety of German armor you get.

I'm not sure it's very winnable as is, though. You're supposed to blow up 4 buildings, and have 2 StuH 42 to do it with.

I pumped around half the HE load of one StuH into one house, and managed to only blow up the wall of the 2nd story. The other StuH had bit the dust by this point.

Either it's a problem with how HE affects structures, or these structures need to be made smaller.

The other StuH had bit the dust by this point.

Uh oh.

I playtested an earlier version of this scenario. The StuHs do have enough HE to level all 4 buildings, but not with much to spare. Losing one of them early on is baaaad. You might be able to knock them down with the rest of your tanks and assault guns. Or maybe not. I didn't try that.

Still, there's a lot of other stuff to kill/blow up, including IIRC 3 supply depots near the buildings. I think if you fulfill all the other victory conditions you can still win. But this is a HARD scenario*, even when your StuHs don't get whacked. Fortunately, it's also quite fun and one of the more unusual that I've played.

*The Germans got beefed up a bit in the release version, but I suspect it's still pretty hard.

I managed to destroy all the buildings with only one StuH (the other got taken out by that pesky T34-85 before it got any shots on target) and the panzers. I think it's luck to some extent, as some buildings when down a lot quicker than others.

Great scenario though. It was a mad dash to the exit zone with Soviet armour hot on the trail of my troops.

It takes some thinking but its not hard to win if you think alittle out of the box.

I could tell how I completed this scenario with a decisive victory with 40 minutes to spare but it would wreck it for other players of this fun scenario.

I lost only 2 x 1/2 tracks and the Flak 1/2 track plus some Infantry.

Talk to the scenario designer if you get stuck.

He has my walkthrough I think.

Thanks folks - anyone want to discuss this one off-line, PM me. Ithikiel is posting a run through of it on Youtube. He is doing... okay. However, he is blowing up the wrong buildings! Hopefully once he finishes this novel method for clearing LOS to the target buildings, he will still have sufficient HE to complete the mission!

I saw the Artillery reference point and decided.. why the hell not... and unleashed all of my Mortar fire their....

*Spoiler Alert*

Thank GOD!.... LOL

Anyways it was fun.. I sent a platoon of troops very fast to the hill that overlooks the village.. Wow.. suprise.... Even with the two StuH's I only mangaed to knock out 3 buildings barely... pulled back super fast. their was an infantry fight in the woodline on my Right flank.. but my one Pz IV in overwatch and the SPW's nd Quad 20mm did most of the work.. escaped with 1 Mk IV being destroyed by an onslaught.. Motor platoon beet feet to in the nick of time.. It was a good victory... very fun.

fun scenario, played it blind just now, managed major victory with ceasefire 41min to go, all friendly off the board, i had real good luck this battle. all went mostly right. mostly because i parked the 2 stuh in the exit zone in setup, when i hit go for first turn they went away but i did not notice, was busy up front. found out later, but JpzIV HE´s + 1 PzIV HE´s + 75mm/L24 HT did the job well enough. i did not take the 2 story building down, but the 4 smal ones. got lots of trucks and few casualties, that made me most points.

beute.jpg

Ithikiel is posting a run through of it on Youtube. He is doing... okay. However, he is blowing up the wrong buildings! Hopefully once he finishes this novel method for clearing LOS to the target buildings, he will still have sufficient HE to complete the mission!

This video AAR is done for anyone interested and in my defense... I like thinking outside the box. (Yeah I forgot the briefing). Obviously Spoiler warnings. :)