Prisoners

I've seen them in 4 out of 6 scenarios played

Not in droves but around one to two a game

[This message has been edited by Lokesa (edited 10-30-99).]

I finally captured a .50 cal last night. It was in "last defense" and was my first victory on the attack. There was only one turn left, so I didn't know what to do with the dude, but it proved to me that one can take prisoners.

I love this game!

I captured 10 in the Last Stand game when I played as Germans. I just blew past the defenses, without really worrying about killing, just supressing them. When bypassed units seems much more likely to surrender. Funny that.

Sage

OK Ok I have to tell my POW story one more time now that my gag is semi removed.

There I was...(as all good war stories should start)

Late in scenario X the German defense is crumbling. Two flanking platoons come over a ridge and spot a number of Germans surrendering. We sweep into their positions, collect them up and send them to the rear. Across a field is another german squad with its hands up. A platoon moves forward towards them.

Froma a few hundred meters away some enterprising German takes a pot shot at the advancing Americans. Suspecting a trick, two whole platoons open up on the Surrendering germans in front of them! The panicked germans make a run for it, 15 seconds later they stop and put up their hands again. Another fusilade cuts more down. Now they are desperately running for the edge of the map though all are cut down before they make it.

I couldn't have imagined a more reaslitic situation.

Los

p.s. What with all the heavy discussion going on I thought I'd lighten things up.