Immersive troop portraits

You could tag them but you can't have multiple faces going for German infantry or anything like that. It's one portrait per type at a time.

I'd like to see a couple new slots like engineer, ranger, StuG bats, Heavy PZ bats, and TD bats added.

Mord.

Is it not possible to add a number behind the .bmp file name like you can with sounds and tank textures?

So you'll have 'russian soldier 1.bmp' and 'russian soldier 2.bmp' and the game will pick randomly?

I dont think that works. Just like with the background sound.. only one file can be picked.

I'd like to see a couple new slots like engineer, ranger, StuG bats, Heavy PZ bats, and TD bats added.

Mord.

Just talking about immersive troop portraits leads thoughts to your impressive mods for BN and FI. Will there be one for RT? No rush or anything, I know its a huge undertaking. Can only say that I enjoy these mods immensely for both BN and FI.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time trying to duplicate textures and sounds since CMSF was released. Two that have always been locked down are vehicle sounds and portraits. Just to make sure they didn't slip in something new for RT I went and double-checked and portraits still can only have one of each type.

@Fizou; I have some preliminary work done already but it's not looking good for the Soviets as far as patches go. They may not end up being near as detailed as the Germans...which is unfortunate. This is the best that Der Alte Fritz and I have come up with so far for identification markings.

http://wio.ru/tank/oz/oz-en.htm

Mord.

• 6 months later...

@Mord,

Any news on a portrait mod? Understand the info for Soviet units is very limited. Id love to see something for the Germans even if the Soviets where to hard to track down (but maybe only a portrait and number for the given unit). Know its a LOT of work so understand you dont want to take it of if you dont feel you will be satisified with the end result.

@Mord,

Any news on a portrait mod? Understand the info for Soviet units is very limited. Id love to see something for the Germans even if the Soviets where to hard to track down (but maybe only a portrait and number for the given unit). Know its a LOT of work so understand you dont want to take it of if you dont feel you will be satisified with the end result.

I'm a huge fan of Mord's/DC's portrait work. For both CMBN and CMFI, I do take the time to switch in the proper "Flag Patch Portraits" (divisional insignia with national flag as a background) when playing a historical or semi-historical campaign/scenario. [i really only do that for the Commonwealth and Americans because I usually leave the Germans with the more generic "Plain Portraits Flag" or Branch Symbol.]

I like Mord's work so much that I'm using Mord's German "Plain Portraits Flag" (national flag as a background) mod from CMBN for CMRT. I just like seeing the additional colors and national flavor that the background flag brings to CMRT's rather utilitarian UI color template. So, I'd love to see a Soviet version of the "Plain Portraits Flag" so we could get some brilliant red in the UI when plays the Russians.

Not a request, but a "it'd be nice" wish.