New terrain tile: 'Lily Pond' Deep Marsh tile

I just submitted to Repository a new mod, it should be showing up for downloading sooner or later:

MikeyD's 'Lily Pond' pattern Deep Marsh terrain tile.

Five or six different Deep Marsh terrains had been tried out before BFC settled on the current 'algae green mud' style deep marsh terrain tile. One runner-up (and my personal favorite) was a more distinctive 'lily pond' tile pattern. The advantage (in my mind at least) is it makes those deep marsh 'no-go' areas more immediately recognizable. Nobody's going to try to drive a tank across that! :o

It was submitted about 2am so it'll take awhile before it get approved for downloading.

Hope you like!

Lilyponddeepmarshtilescreenshot_zps3ccf4dcf.jpg~original

I just submitted to Repository a new mod, it should be showing up for downloading sooner or later:

MikeyD's 'Lily Pond' pattern Deep Marsh terrain tile.

Five or six different Deep Marsh terrains had been tried out before BFC settled on the current 'algae green mud' style deep marsh terrain tile. One runner-up (and my personal favorite) was a more distinctive 'lily pond' tile pattern. The advantage (in my mind at least) is it makes those deep marsh 'no-go' areas more immediately recognizable. Nobody's going to try to drive a tank across that! :o

It was submitted about 2am so it'll take awhile before it get approved for downloading.

Hope you like!

Lilyponddeepmarshtilescreenshot_zps3ccf4dcf.jpg~original

Hope you like it? I LOVE it. Great work.

I'd really consider this in a map in replacement of water areas to create ponds just because of the level issues with water. Hell you could create a pond any height you want. Interesting possibilities Mikey, thanks

Certainly possible using the [TAGS] system if you are designing a scenario.

That way, even if the player doesn't use the lilypad mod, you could include it as a tagged scenario specific mod.

I've long been asking for a fake watery terrain tile that we could then use to make streams and wet looking areas at any elevation level of maps -- instead of the plain marsh tiles that we've had to make do with, which just leave a stream looking like a brownish ditch. This gets us almost there. A version with just some mossy stones, perhaps, instead of lilly pads would be it exactly.

• 5 years later...