[RELEASED] Juju's Red Thunder UI + much more!

Juju

NOTE that for now I'm NOT uploading to the repository as I've switched from Winrar to 7-zip archives, which the repository does not seem to allow

Thanks for the mod - it's always a must have and seems like a huge amount of work.

About 7-zip, you can use it to '.zip' files as well - just right click the file, go the the 7-zip listing (assuming you have the right click function enabled) and it is one of the last two options. Likewise, 7-zip can be used to unzip plain .zip files as well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-zip (.7z extension) is similar to Winzip and Winrar. They all basically do the same thing and each has their own pros and cons, but you should be able to extract any of their files with any of these three programs, just like you regularly would (in my case; right-click the file and then choose extract with Winrar or Winzip, or something similar). That is, assuming that you have one of these programs installed.

Juju and FroBodine, I thank both of you. I did as you advised, got the files extracted and installed. Very cool UI. Now ..... back to my PBEM battle!

Looks beautiful Juju, like always.

Woohoo, Ed's back! Good to see you again here, man. :) Are you going to do 'that voo-doo that you-do so well' again for RT? If you do, and need me testing again, you know where to find me, right!

Woohoo, Ed's back! Good to see you again here, man. :) Are you going to do 'that voo-doo that you-do so well' again for RT? If you do, and need me testing again, you know where to find me, right!

I'm slowly recovering from some serious medical problems, but the urge to mod is coming back. Every game looks better than the last, so trying to improve anything gets harder and harder.

I stil can't find the German HQ signs?

I am not sure I fully understand your question but I will take a shot. If you are asking about Juju’s user interface there is a folder inside the zip file labeled options. Juju’s default user interface just has the letters HQ in the middle box of the UI along the bottom of the screen when you select a HQ unit. You can select an optional depiction of a HQ unit (and many other things) from the options folder and put that option in your mod folder. This is what I did on mine. Now instead of the letters HQ I have a depiction of an officer in that spot. IIRC there were four different officer depictions to choose from. Check out that options folder. Hope this helped. In any case, Happy Easter.

found them

EDIT:

Now how do I get them to work? I placed them in my Z folder in my JuJu-UI folder. The C&C icons work but the SS portraits and the HQ icons don't??? They still show the default ones. But I can't find the default ones to replace.

I'm slowly recovering from some serious medical problems, but the urge to mod is coming back. Every game looks better than the last, so trying to improve anything gets harder and harder.

Get well soon Ed! It's great to hear your urge to mod is coming back for the East Front. Your mods are also in the category of must-have.

found them

EDIT:

Now how do I get them to work? I placed them in my Z folder in my JuJu-UI folder. The C&C icons work but the SS portraits and the HQ icons don't??? They still show the default ones. But I can't find the default ones to replace.

Try putting a "z" at the front of the SS portrait folder name or any other custom folder you want to use, that way they will over-write the stock ones.

found them

EDIT:

I actually have a Z folder and a ZZ folder within my mods folder. I wasn’t sure if the game would choose Juju’s default file or Juju’s option file if they were both placed in the same folder. So I placed Juju’s default folder in my Z folder. I then placed the options I wanted in the ZZ folder. Not sure if I had to do it that way but it worked. There are four Heer and four SS for a total of eight German officer depictions. If I understand correctly you can only use one of those eight at a time. I save the unused options in a separate folder on my computer. Then when/if I want I would pull out the Heer depiction and replace it with the SS depiction for a particular mission.

I placed them in my Z folder in my JuJu-UI folder.

Hey Bram, this is where you went wrong. Do NOT place optional files in the 'JuJu's Red Thunder UI' folder, but in the 'Z' folder like anything else. There's no need to rename anything as options will always be loaded last in this mod. Good luck!

found them

EDIT:

Bram1979

I made a folder containing JuJu's mods, and called it "JuJu UI", I just placed that folder into the Userdata/Mods folder and it worked. I did not use a z folder at all. Try that.

Regards

Stndrtnfhr

I've done this:

-placed the folders inside the JuJu_UI folder within my Z folder

-placed some zzzzz's infront of them

-placed the folders inside my Z folder like any other mod

Nothing works???

Or should I leave the icons outside their folder?

PM me in Dutch if needed :)

Time to start over, Bram.:)

Unzip Juju's zip file, put it wherever you keep your mod files outside of the game (I keep all mod files in a separate folder on a completely different drive than the one where CM games are located; some people just put them on their desktop--whatever), then take the folder named "Juju's Red Thunder UI v1" from the unzipped juju file (forget the option folders for now) copy it, and find the "second place" where CM keeps the "User Data" and "Game Files" folders. (The main game folder with the exe button and basic brz files, etc., is located in Local disk\C\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder---BFC does this because of the way the newer Microsoft Windows works. But forget that place for now.)

So anyway, on my computer, and probably on most, this second place where game stuff is located is here: Libraries\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder. Click on the Red Thunder folder, and you'll see the User Data and Game Files folders. Click on the User Data one, and you'll see a "Mod" folder. Put the juju UI folder in there. Voila!, it should work fine.

People don't need a Z folder ever since, I think, Gustav Line came out, but some like to have one any way. But this default Mod folder works just fine. You may still have a need to put "zzzzz's" in front of the name of a mod, for example "zzzzzJuju's Red Thunder UI v1", but you will only need to do that if you have two similar mods in the Mod folder, and only want the game to use a particular one. (In those cases, though, I just take out the one I don't want the game to pick. But, to each their own.)

so then, if you want to use an option or options, do the same thing...copy the folder (or the individual file) you want from the unzipped juju's mod, and put it inside the Mod folder as above. You don't need to add zzzzz's, and you don't have to even put it inside the juju UI folder you already have in the Mod folder.

Easy peasy, my friend and co-combatant!:D