[RELEASED] Juju's Red Thunder UI + much more!

Juju

I just wanted to let you all know that I've just uploaded the new Red Thunder UI -along with a couple of other mods- to GaJ's (NOTE that for now I'm NOT uploading to the repository as I've switched from Winrar to 7-zip archives, which the repository does not seem to allow):

- Juju's Red Thunder UI:

WHAT'S NEW (in my series of UI mods, that is):

- New 'increasing range' concept for the Command & Control icons. This may take a little getting used to. Simple rule of thumb to remember with these icons: The larger the figure you see, the better. For you. There's a separate set for both Axis and Allies. For those who really hate the new icons, or simply dislike switching mods, i've included a neutral text based variant. It's not pretty, but you can't go wrong with them.

- New 'wounded' icons that replace the red cross on a white background from my earlier mods. This is intended to reduce the added clutter that comes with the new hard-coded Casualty marker. Two of the old ones are still available as optional files, to keep the old-schoolers happy.

- Juju's Red Thunder floating icons:

- Once again featuring two optional sets of semi-transparant FOW variants

- Juju's Red Thunder foxholes, sandbags and trenches:

My old CM:BN mod, tweaked and updated to work with RT's new color palette.

- Juju's Red Thunder foxholes, sandbags and trenches:

My old CM:BN mod, again, heavily tweaked and updated to work with RT's new color palette.

Juju

Juju

Juju

Juju

Juju

Enjoy!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I almost forgot to thank the guys that helped my out lots with files, comments and suggestions: So a big thanks goes out to Marco Bergman, Rambler, PhilM and Der Alte Fritz. It's been a lot of fun (but, boy, am I glad it's finished ;)).

Really great mod and really improves the interface. I have always especially liked the full color weapons instead of the funky green silhouettes.

One question though. For the German sidearm, why do you use an image of the Luger P08 instead of the Walther P38, since the tool tip even says P38? Just curious.

How does one register on GAJ's site. I have used the old CMMODs site in the past, but I cannot get a password reset on the new site, it does not recognize any user ID that I try.

There is no area to create a new registration that I can see. :-(

Found it, I registered!!

Really great mod and really improves the interface. I have always especially liked the full color weapons instead of the funky green silhouettes.

Agreed. JuJu's UI is pretty much a "must have" mod for me based its full color weapon and vehicle slots. I really do not care for those 1970's Panzerblitz silhouettes that BF insists on using for CMx2.

One question though. For the German sidearm, why do you use an image of the Luger P08 instead of the Walther P38, since the tool tip even says P38? Just curious.

Artistic license, is all. It's the one and only thing where I ditched historical authenticity purely because I love the look of the thing. :)