Campaign WIP: Tiger Trail

Mr.X

1 hour ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

I didn´t know about Bloody Ride for a long time. Already have playlists of Zawiya and Sicily, Bloody Ride will come soon

I hope, you won't be disappointed. In 2011, the Bloody Ride Campaign was (if I remember correctly) the second user made campaign. Much bocage and only limited capabilities to create AI plans. I am not sure, if it is still playable with the current CM-Version. But some of the maps were quite nice...self praised 😎

7 hours ago, Mr.X said:

I hope, you won't be disappointed. In 2011, the Bloody Ride Campaign was (if I remember correctly) the second user made campaign. Much bocage and only limited capabilities to create AI plans. I am not sure, if it is still playable with the current CM-Version. But some of the maps were quite nice...self praised 😎

If I recall correct then to this date I never encountered a campaign in any of the CM2 games that wasn´t playable with current versions. The experience might be somewhat different as gameplay elements might have received changes meanwhile (more lethal MGs) and there might be minor issues that I do not notice. For example when asking about your Bloody Ride campaign it was reported that there might be a Panther missing but if so I´ll take it as sudden mechanical problem and further challenge.  

I am pretty sure I will enjoy it. Looking forward for the next one aswell.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

21 hours ago, Mr.X said:

@Boche:

I made three campaigns:

A Bloody Ride - CMBN 2011 - 7 to 8 battles with Panzerlehr-Division

Welcome to Sicily - CMFI 2013 or 2014 - 3 battles with allied Troops in July 43

Zawiya Uprising - CMSF I 2014 - 8 battles, Red vs Red 

These are available in the repository.

I have never made much Promotion for my work.

And from 2014 to 2020, children, work and Real Life stopped any ambition to create more content.

interesting, I will look up "a bloody ride" and "Zawiya uprising", I dont own CMFI, yet atleast :P. cheers for the reply!

• 1 month later...

Short Update:

I am confident to finish the map-work until Release of the CMFR-Module - as well the other stuff like tactical/strategic maps, pictures etc.
AI plans and playtesting can start not until the release because of new TOE.

So, I will need numerous volunteers for testing - ideally each tester should not have to playtest more than 1-2 missions.

The finished campaign will include 8 partially huge Master-maps up to a size of 2 x 3 km, 4-5 smaller maps and 22-23 single missions.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fire and Rubble is  (slowly) arriving and now it is the time for Registration of volunteers for playtesting.

The final campaign will include 18 battles, so everybody is very welcome. I would like (ideally) to have each of the 

battles tested by at least one volunteer. 

Contact is f-s-zbg@web.de.

First, I will register the volunteers - so tell me your wishes: What do you like to playtest? Small unit actions on small maps or bigger ones.... there is enough stuff for every taste 😉

As soon as F&R is in my hands, the stage of playtesting will start within 2-3 weeks.

Regards

Mr.X

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Some impressions of the area, you will fight in ...these are pictures showing the village of Adamowicze, the  Szembilowzce bridgehead and the old town of Grodno...helanxi4.jpgr6qpfjkz.jpglcudu62d.jpgsmkpokg5.jpgbz6mvnqr.jpgbsyeqhyq.jpg2c4pujp5.jpg

@Mr.XYours maps looks like an aquarelle oil paint, very beautiful, this cannot be a battlefield but a holliday weekend !

Edited by 3j2m7