Mortar HT

Fizou

In BN and FI mortar HT:s could not fire their main weapon from the vehicle but had to dissmount and set up to fire. Has this changed in RT?

If not.. any feeling for where this might be on the list? I cant recall what Steve has said on the matter, how hard, worthwile it would be to implement.

I have not had a 251/2 in a scenario yet. How is spotting for indirect fire handled? Can the team leader leave the vehicle and spot? Or are HQs necessary for indirect fire spotting?

As it stands, they're handled exactly the same as any other mortar at the moment. They have to debus, set up and either have eyes on or receive direction from a Spotter-eligible unit in comms. How they'll be handled when BFC iron out the wrinkles that stopped them getting mounted mortars firing in RT 1.0, is anyone's guess.

...like the AA guns that are on halftracks or could be set up independently on the ground.

I don't think those are modelled in the game yet, either. At least the dual-mode capability isn't. I think all the AA halfies so far in the game have the AA permanently mounted as far as the game is concerned.

I expect the wrinkles are something to do with the differences between crew-served weapons (mortars as they stand) and vehicles. Resolving them might even go some way to starting to resolve an aspect of the difficulty of having SPA on-map be available for support missions.