Waiting for the next module

Mr.X

Yea, uniforms by Hugo Boss in fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss

...and he wasn't the "go along to get along" German industrialist variety either but a full blown Sieg Heiling Nazi Party member.

Heard of Hugo Boss before but it still makes interesting reading.

On a side note my mother would never buy German goods because of the slave labour most used during WW2. She still sticks to that rule to this very day.

When it comes to playing video-games as war criminals you would be pretty much limited to Sweden in WW2 setting if you only wanted to play as the innocents. Germany might have killed most and, from modern point of view, for the most immoral reasons with Soviet Union the close second but Western allies knew what they were doing when they bombed most of the German (and some Japanese) cities to the ground. Resistance movements and Partisans never were too picky about whether the "collaborators" were technically civilian or soldiers. Every army involved probably executed some people with their hands in the air.

Every one of these sides would say that what they did was necessary evil for the greater good (i.e. their own agendas and interests) and I don't think you can really put them in order from worst to best unless you want to make loss of human life statistics, those civilians are just as dead no matter what. No-one involved came out of that, or any other war, clean and innocent.

Anyway, I really hope that the next bunch of war criminals included in a module is Finnish Defense Force or maybe NATO/Commonwealth style bundle of Axis minors. With some lend lease stuff for the Soviets :)

• 3 weeks later...
Given what BF did wih Normandy (the Waffen SS were not in Italy apart from some very small units and a brief major deplyment in the summer of 1943 which did not result in combat with the Western Allies) I wold consider it highly pronable the SS will be presen in the first module. SS Wikig were certainly heavily engaged in he Army Group Cntre Battlesand were engaged in some of the key battles such as a large counter attack near a place called #kleszczele on 23 July (Wikin formed the southern prong of the German pincer move (East Front Drama 1944 RolfHinze P275 - 283 Probably more in their divisional history Some further information canbe found in Viking Panzers (5thSS Panzer Reimental history) Looks like at leastone potential scenario around that counter attack. Even perhapsa shortcampaign

Actually Lucas your a little wrong there. 29th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS. They had Red Collars instead of Black I believe, and did wear Sig Runes. They did fight with distinction at Anzio and then wore the black collars with sigrunes. They further grew and fought in Plemont. The 24th Waffen Mountain (Karstjäger) Division of the SS (they wore a flower instead of SS runes) fought against mostly partisans in Northern Italy. 16 SS Reichsführer-SS sent a Kampfgruppe to contain the Anzio landings in January 1944. Anyways I am sure modders can create some of these special units if they wanted, but they did see combat in Italy.

Read everyones post above.. and Im sorry but both Allied and Axis commited horrid acts against others.. War is freaking hell. I have been in two myself, sorta lopsided if you ask me but when the **** really does hit the fan, sometimes its easy to get emotions running, especially if you see a brother chewed up, People are gong to act differently, especially if your enemy fight like cowards and out of uniform IMHO. But war is war and never pretty or glamorous.

Actually Lucas your a little wrong there. 29th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS. They had Red Collars instead of Black I believe, and did wear Sig Runes. They did fight with distinction at Anzio and then wore the black collars with sigrunes. They further grew and fought in Plemont. The 24th Waffen Mountain (Karstjäger) Division of the SS (they wore a flower instead of SS runes) fought against mostly partisans in Northern Italy. 16 SS Reichsführer-SS sent a Kampfgruppe to contain the Anzio landings in January 1944. Anyways I am sure modders can create some of these special units if they wanted, but they did see combat in Italy.

Read everyones post above.. and Im sorry but both Allied and Axis commited horrid acts against others.. War is freaking hell. I have been in two myself, sorta lopsided if you ask me but when the **** really does hit the fan, sometimes its easy to get emotions running, especially if you see a brother chewed up, People are gong to act differently, especially if your enemy fight like cowards and out of uniform IMHO. But war is war and never pretty or glamorous.

Yes, I had forgotten there were a few SS that took part in one of the Anzio counter offensives. As you say though most SS activity in Italy was against the partisans.

And, as we knw the anti partisan warfare in Russia was one of the most vicious episdes of a particularly vicious war. I am sure the partisans would have brutally killed any SS they caught and who can blame them? The Germans also raised local forces in Ukraine and elsewhere often to do the dirties jobs which would be why there is so much ill feeling today affecting current political decision making. Not to forget that Ukranian partisans fought theRed Army for some years following WW2 and that wasprobably just as brutal.

As you say, war is likely to bring out the worst in people, particularly anti partisan war. Even more so when sanctioned by nationalpolicy,

Axis minors would be a treat, though I don't think they had too much to do with Bagration. BF has already done the Italians of course, but they were gone by early 1943.

If there is an end of the war module we should have a decent chance to see the Romanians and Hungarians, including against each other. They have some late war indigenous armour that would be fun as well.