Aris CMRT Mods

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought (and I hate asking more of you) but most of the picturs I see of studebaker trucks in russian service have slogans written on them (like many tanks do).

Any chance you could add a few? Make our trucks look extra awesome :)

(Or do trucks not work like tanks do and pick random textures if more than one is present?)

What is with BFC and stretching textures on models???

Who's the main modeler at BFC? Maby you could colaborate with him and help make models use less stretched textures?

I think that there must be a balance between the polygon amount of a 3D model and the performance of the game. Too detailed and people would complaint because of a decrease in performance I guess,...

The size of all textures is a power of 2 (128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 etc.), so sometimes you must stretch the textures in order to be able to fit them in the available surface.

When I must work with a stretched texture I usually resize the texture in order to eliminate stretching, work on the texture, then move it back to the original size or a power of 2 one.

As an example, while working on Building 003&11 I noticed that front, side and rear textures looked stretched at 1025x256. I eliminated stretching by resizing the texture to 1024x384 (more or less), then worked on the texture. I resized it back to 1024x256 every time I wanted to check it and for getting the final game texture.

The main problems are:

1. Every time you want to check how texture looks while working on it, you must resize it to the correct game-friendly size, then resize it back to the working un stretched size in order to keep working on it.

3. Non standard sizes, like 1024x384 one, work on some computers (it worked on mine), but they don’t work on others, so keep to standard sizes (any power of two works) every time you does the releasing texture.

Thanks for the info Fernando. Se agradece algo de ayuda de vez en cuando ;)

(Technical info for avoiding any problem while resizing textures. If someone was interested on it, I would translate it.)

Un par de apuntes con respecto al tamaño de las texturas.

1. Si cambias el tamaño mientras estás trabajando y cargas la textura con tamaño distinto para poderla ver, el juego se cuelga. La forma de evitarlo es recargar el juego de cero con la textura redimensionada.

2. Prueba a ver si puedes cargar una textura redimensionada en medidas no estándar (1024x385 etc.). Yo podía hacerlo pero hay ordenadores que no. Si tu ordenador si lo admite entonces puedes trabajar con la textura redimensionada una vez cargada de cero. Eso facilita mucho las cosas ya que no la has de redimensionar mientras tarbajas en ella. Eso sí, cuando acabes con la textura no olvides de pasarla a un tamaño estándar. Si no lo haces, si mantienes un tamaño no estándar, puedes provocar que el juego no cargue en algunos ordenadores cuando esa textura se cargue.

3. Es preferible que todas las opciones de una misma textura tengan el mismo tamaño. No tengo comprobados errores, pero podría causarlos en otros ordenadores. Mejor evitar lios.

Fantastic, been waiting for this since release!

On BFC side I must say that IS tanks and many other soviet tanks are very very hard to model in 3d computer graphics.

I hope they will manage to rise the polygon counts (and split the textures more) when it will come to IS3, T54/55 etc. in future games. Although CMSF T62 was not bad.

Now I wonder if there's some more tanks to BITE around for modding.