Aris CMRT Mods

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you ask, well, some 3D mappings (what goes where...)are very weird in CM. In this case, the T-70, what you see in the bitmap texture is not what you WILL see ingame, I mean,it will be stretched, changed in orientation, mirrored, etc. So, if you apply a good looking dirt texture to the bitmap, once in game it will be rubbish, so, what to do? Well, ....let's make it look rubbish in the texture so that it looks great ingame!...not easy if you know what I mean,...is not the quality of the layers alone, is the way you DISTORT them so they fit the 3d model appropiately.

Glad you ask, well, some 3D mappings (what goes where...)are very weird in CM. In this case, the T-70, what you see in the bitmap texture is not what you WILL see ingame, I mean,it will be stretched, changed in orientation, mirrored, etc. So, if you apply a good looking dirt texture to the bitmap, once in game it will be rubbish, so, what to do? Well, ....let's make it look rubbish in the texture so that it looks great ingame!...not easy if you know what I mean,...is not the quality of the layers alone, is the way you DISTORT them so they fit the 3d model appropiately.

Aaah, but who doesn't like a challenge every now and then eh? :D

You do know you can use the 251 C from CMRT in CMMG right?

Ah, it's a real deal to look for the mods to complete collections for all games...

between the ones in the repository, the ones on CMMODS and the ones who made others obsolètes... + now the ones you should take for one game to another... i'm lost in the labyrinth... someone did a map ?:P

Mostly everything,....It's not hard to mod, I guess I got fed up with the Ausf Ds and 250 NEUs after dozen of hours of weathering them and I needed fresh air...

Heh ok. Just looks really wierd having a misture of your modded D's and the unmodded C's on the battlefield. I guess I could always pretend that some of them were factory fresh (although they are actually the older model)