Red Thunder worth the money?

I actually haven't played all the way through any of the missions or campaigns. I started the Russian campaign, but in the first mission, it seemed very canned--like guys were being shot at, but not dying until I had made it to the right place on the map. So, I just went to the editor and started making my own. Then I stayed there.

Things have gotten better since the IFL Revival Project allowed IFL to be imported as a mod for Arma2. However, now that I'm back into CM, I'm finding it very hard to deal with the holes in the game (like, uh, a max-skilled Pak40 not being able to hit a T34, but that same T34, with a zero-level skill rating, spotting and knocking out the ATG in one shot, when it's located in a gun trench in the woods. Little stuff like that...).

Still, there is a lot in the game to love. Great graphics and a much better tank game than in vanilla Arma2 (which is hopelessly arcade).

But...it ain't no CMx2. Honey, I'm home!

You know, it's the funniest thing.

This is pretty much the reason I stopped playing ArmaII and decided never to buy another one :P

I always end up in the editor making my own scenarios and then basically just watching the AI duke it out as a spectator.

I hardly ever play the missions I make and I never touch the campaigns.

You know, it's the funniest thing.

This is pretty much the reason I stopped playing ArmaII and decided never to buy another one :P

I always end up in the editor making my own scenarios and then basically just watching the AI duke it out as a spectator.

I hardly ever play the missions I make and I never touch the campaigns.

Luckily, I got everything on sale. With IFL, I got the base+D-Day DLC for $26 total. With Arma2, I caught an 80% off sale at BIS and got the Complete Collection for, get this, $9 (actually, $8 and change) total. So, I had enough fun to justify the money spent.

I won't be getting Arma3, though. I just can't get into the gameplay enough to justify it and would only do so to port IFL over anyway.

I tried to play IFL a little the other night and had to turn it off after 30 minutes. I'm totally back in CM mode now.

I just fired up Arma 3 with the the IFL port to try the new Zeus Mode. Among other things you can play missions RTS style with a free view cam!

Despite some bugs/glitches It was pretty fun, looks awesome and definitely will be on my radar as it is optimized.

That said I find myself playing more Arma 2 than 3, mostly Wasteland for some quick action to blow off some steam.