Saferight's Mods

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do those decal have a very blue colour tinge to them?

Kinda i suppose, I took them from various photos of armor penetration tests. So those shiney bits are the exposed steel.

This is just what i managed to pull off on my sunday afternoon i will be chamging these and probably making all new ones.

Hey Saferight, will you be doing some photoreal Soviet helmets in the future?

I did the german ones through copy n pasting with some stretching and touching up spots here and there. The way the textures are designed for the us, uk and soviet helmets are just outside of what i can do. They require a real texture artist.

Did you try listing them by (I don't know what the file name is don't have RT yet) penetration, penetration 2, penetration 3, skipping the number 1 in the sequence?

Mord.

I tried it that way but no luck. i did notice some things were numbered likes helmets were Helmet , helmet 1, helmet 2 etc so perhaps that way.

I have 15 HD alpha layered buller penetration textures I was storing for a future mod, sad to hear there is no possibility to make the game engine randomize them. Saferight, if you are interested I could give them to you, anyway, yours look damn good!

Mord, how ya been? I'm going to try the numbering in a few minutes, and will let you know the outcome. Thanks for the reminder to try skipping the number "1".

I can eat, walk, talk, hear, see, and use a toilet without help, so I can't complain.

Mord.

I have 15 HD alpha layered buller penetration textures I was storing for a future mod, sad to hear there is no possibility to make the game engine randomize them. Saferight, if you are interested I could give them to you, anyway, yours look damn good!

Ya sure let me check em out.

Just to let everyone know i'm going to upload just about everything i have done to GaJ's site and whats not too big to the repository. A lot of it is previous stuff i had released and made changes to or i planned on but didn't get around to it.. I'm not putting anymore time into them they are what they are.

OK slow guy here. What files go into the Z folder?

The main file called Saferight's Hit Decal Mod?

Or sub files and if so which ones?

I suggest you make a folder named Hit Decals in your Z folder. Then pick one of each hit decal.

Here is a example (i hope phtobucket resizing it doesnt make it too hard to see)

Untitled_zps51232210.jpg

maybe this will help re mod organization: First create a Z folder and then subfolders called Z TERRAIN, Z UNIFORMS, Z FX, Z SOUNDS and Z UI. Maybe also Z VEHICLES if you don't want those in the main Z folder. That covers most mods I think.

The Z ensures that the program will read that folder last so what is in those folders will be seen in the game.

I also have another folder called ZZ DESIRED MODS. This is for new mods that I am unsure about and want to see their effect in game before committing them to one of the other sub-folders. The two "Z's" will make the program load the contents last.

One item I don't understand, even after all these years of CM2, is whether it is also necessary to name the individual mods themselves with Z's on the front, or if the Z's in the name of the folder is sufficient to ensure that all the files in that folder are loaded last and therefore appear in the game. (Anyone...?)

One item I don't understand, even after all these years of CM2, is whether it is also necessary to name the individual mods themselves with Z's on the front, or if the Z's in the name of the folder is sufficient to ensure that all the files in that folder are loaded last and therefore appear in the game. (Anyone...?)

Erwin, i never had any problem not renaming mod folders inside the Z folder. However, if I had "competing" mod folders in the Z folder, and I was too lazy to keep putting one in--pulling the other out, I would simply slap a ZZ on that mod folder inside the Z folder.

It would be nice if BF could expand on the possibility of random hit decals. Is it possible to add with a patch, or is this one of those things that would hog to much computing power and best left undone.

Really like you mod saferight.

One item I don't understand, even after all these years of CM2, is whether it is also necessary to name the individual mods themselves with Z's on the front,

LOL. Huh? The fact that you have been using mods for 7 years answers that. If it was necessary then they wouldn't have shown up in the game! Anyway, renaming the file with anything other than a number at the end will negate the file (outside of whatever the new rules are for tagging).

Mord.

The smartass answer is always appreciated, but am not sure that you understood the question. eg: If inside the main Z folder one has a Z SUBFOLDER, and inside that Z SUBFOLDER on has an "old" mod file - eg "MOD OLD".

In addition one has a Z DESIRED MOD FOLDER that contain a "new" mod (eg: "MOD NEW") that one wants to try out.

Now, suppose I want to try out "MOD NEW" that is in the Z DESIRED MODS folder so that it appears in the game replacing "MOD OLD" that resides in a Z SUBFOLDER.

Is it sufficient to rename the DESIRED MOD folder "ZZ DESIRED MOD"? ie: Will the two "ZZ's" make ALL mods including "MOD NEW" in the DESIRED MOD folder load last and therefore appear in the game replacing "MOD OLD"?

OR... Does one have to rename the actual mod folder ("MOD NEW") that resides in the DESIRED MOD folder to "Z MOD NEW" so that it replaces "MOD OLD" (in one of the other folders)?