Studebaker Truck Issue

It seems that the game is not allowing anyone to sit in the passenger seat of the cab of the Studebaker truck. This truck comes with a 2-man crew, and the second man is shown seated in the back of the truck with no other troops aboard. I then added a 2-man FO team to the truck, and all three of the men sat down in the back of the truck.

The GAZ MM truck does not have this issue.

CMRedThunder2014-04-0601-05-39-01_zps7bedb8dd.jpg

Tested this a bit further: unlike all other trucks, the Studebaker truck treats the passenger seat in the cab as the last passenger seat to be filled, while other trucks will fill the passenger seat in the cab first before putting troops in the bed of the truck.

It seems that the game is not allowing anyone to sit in the passenger seat of the cab of the Studebaker truck. This truck comes with a 2-man crew, and the second man is shown seated in the back of the truck with no other troops aboard. I then added a 2-man FO team to the truck, and all three of the men sat down in the back of the truck.

The GAZ MM truck does not have this issue.

Hey Luke,

Its only the "HQ" trucks, i.e. HQ to a truck unit, that have the extra commander in the back.

Regular line Studebaker trucks only have a one man crew, i.e., the driver.

Looks like a bug to me. Reported.

Actually there was a pre existing report that I made about a month or two ago about this. Charles marked it as 'New' and didn't revisit it after that. I can only assume that it was a complicated fix or something and he just didn't get around to it.

This may not be as big a problem as you think.

GATVU defined the Lend Lease 2.5 tonne lorries such as the Studebaker, International Harvester, etc as Prime Movers and so any decent scenario designer would only ever have these lorries to haul guns.

The standard Soviet Supply or Troop Carrier truck was the GAZ-AA (MM) or Lend Lease Ford 6 which would be used by Mech Corps as troop transports.

Wow, great game, They modeled the drivers body smells. He stinks so bad no one else wants to ride in the cab.

Really :)

So, there I was in Ukraine about 15 years ago. Winter, shuttling between Dnepropetrovsk and Kiev for a few weeks. Damn cold. There was a Ukrainian military chow hall. Early morning, steam coming up from the vent: they had food. As we approached, the stench was outrageous. I cannot describe it. The nearest analogue would be Korean kimchi.

We entered, and saw that the only thing being served was some sort of stew. Breakfast. It stank, but it was hot. Plus, it was the only thing on the menu. It was delicious. However, one of our guys was so repulsed by the stench, he fled without eating. The rest of us had seconds. He was weak. :)

Hours later, we were all in a small room, except for the guy who'd fled the chow hall. He came knocking on the door. As he entered, he almost puked. He ran out yelling something about how we all stank and it was coming out our pores. Hmmm, once it's in you, you can't tell...

Good eatin', Ukrainian style.

(The vodka was another tale... I've had smoother kerosene. But at 10 cents a liter, it was tough to pass up. ;) )

Ken