H2HH for CMRT -> "CM Helper"

Ahhh ... but which of the two do you have? And which do you think I have? :D

If you have a dropbox game going, you can find out what your oppo has by using right-click->Properties on the game.

It won't explicitly say that they have CMH or H2HH (I better do that), but you can tell from the version number that it gives you.

GaJ

Yeah - in CMH I made it "always autoupdate" and threw away the refresh button. I did this when I was relaying out the display, so I didn't have to mess with "how do I get this single button positioned nicely when the window changes size?" :)

If anyone has a good reason for not using autoupdate, I can always put a refresh back... but I'd like to first figure out why autoupdate is not the universal solution before doing that.

Cheers,

GaJ

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good to me!

Thanks for the clarification - and to GaJ too.

Though my question "how can you tell we don't both have the same" was just me winding you up a little, it was also a genuine query in that I have downloaded CMH but was holding off using it just in case it caused a chat hiccup with others who still have H2HH. Now I know it doesn't, I will move over to it ...

I guess I should have known that GaJ would make sure they worked together ...;)

For some reason version 1.0.6 is duplicating my games... I show two entries for each game, one of CMBN and one CMRT.

I also had to manually configure the EXE for each savegame, is that correct?

I've now tried starting CMH (while H2HH is closed!), and I get the duplicated games thing as well, but:

- two copies of each install, and of each ongoing game, for CMSF, CMBN and CMFI;

- only one copy for CMRT.

I wondered if this was anything to do with the (for a Mac ...) different install routine for CMRT, that puts it as an app directly into Applications, and not in an enclosing folder like the earlier titles?

The contents of the installation root and installation executable fields are thus different in RT compared with the earlier titles, for H2HH?? (I am presuming CMH reads off the existing H2HH data?)

I downloaded CMH and it worked fine except it could find my Dropbox location which may not be in the standard location. I think you already know of the issue of not being able to point it to a different folder.

Anyway, I dropped back to H2HH v2.11.3 which works great. Will keep an eye out for the update to CMH.

Thanks for the wonderful program, it makes life so much easier.

Heh heh heh ... I went to fix this today and ... I discovered that I _did_ allow for setting the dropbox location (of course!).

It's in the "Settings" menu, which is File->Settings on Windows and CMH->Settings on Mac.

(It's no longer under "Installations", because it's not a per-installation thing).

GaJ

• 2 weeks later...

GAJ thank you for the effort you've gone to over the years, creating a piece of software which I consider essential to my CM play. I rarely play single player, and I don't think I'd play half as much multiplayer if it wasn't for H2HH and now CM Helper. Both make the multi-player PBEM experience so much more user friendly.

I think the improvement's you've made to CM Helper are great and I like the new interface with all on going CM games listed in one location.

Keep up the good work, and if anyone out there plays multi-player but doesn't use CM Helper - download it now! You won't regret it.