RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Discovered a weird trick, if you dismount a halftrack crew, and then mount an infantry team, and then remount the halftrack crew, the guys in the back will stand up and shoot at whatever you're targeting no matter the range, whereas normally they only will when the enemy is danger close I believe? Not sure if this would be useful at all, maybe if the guy standing up had a machine gun.

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-12-16

15 hours ago, Codreanu said:

if you dismount a halftrack crew, and then mount an infantry team, and then remount the halftrack crew, the guys in the back will stand up and shoot at whatever you're targeting no matter the range,

Interesting.

I am curious now... If you leave everyone loaded normally can you give a target order to the passengers? And if they do stand up and fire is their visibility worse than the HT itself?

39 minutes ago, IanL said:

Interesting.

I am curious now... If you leave everyone loaded normally can you give a target order to the passengers? And if they do stand up and fire is their visibility worse than the HT itself?

OK cool. You can give the passengers a target order pretty much anywhere the HT can see but as @Codreanu noticed they stay seated if the range is long. I did a simple test 200m and 300m they fired but 525m they did not. If you do the load swap as discussed above then some of them fire even at 525m and up. However who stands up is interesting. In my test the MG42 user manned the HT's gun so the sharp shooter is the one that stood up and fired at 525m and I did not get two MG42s firing.

I'm guessing if you split teams properly you can influence who mans the HT gun.

Finally returned to the "Broken Shields" campaign after long period of oblivion since July. I stuck on the 10th mission "The Whirlwind" and left. Turned out it was the last scenario of the while campaign and I was several inches from the victory.

Well... not the victory actually. 

Waffen-Total-Defeat.png

The last mission ended in bitter defeat for my German troops. It was close to impossible to win it and I guess it was meant to be lost. After all it resulted in complete failure for the Reich in real world. Anyway, the mission did well in conveying the apocalyptical feelings of retreating German troops seeking to save their lives and trying to find exit from the deadly trap among heavy snowfall and dozens of Russian tanks. 

To my surprise Reg Norge HQ himself was suddenly ambushed by the team of bailed out T-34!

CMRT-snow4-ambushed.png

I planned to send him to the extraction zone after all of his troops left, but it seems that the old fox decided to save his skin, ignore my orders and to flee first. Actually, he survived and escaped 😆 contrary to great number of troops under his command. 

I lost all of the remaining tanks in this mission.

CMRT-snow2.png

CMRT-snow3.png

Despite defeat at the end, the campaign was quite generous to me. 

Major-Victory-After-Defeat-Campaign.png

21 minutes ago, Codreanu said:

That Tiger II camo looks great, and wow, those campaign casualties for the Soviets are insane, I really gotta play this one.

This camo is from @37mm All in One modpack.

The campaign is truly well done. It skillfully mixes company size operations with epic scale tank battles. The level of Soviet casualties is really staggering, but most of them come from 2 mission when you defend against waves of Soviet tanks and troops. 

AI never plays well enough when it comes to attack human player.

11 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

Blatantly borrowing from @Bil Hardenberger's blog to practice some scenario creation and pound the podium a bit...some screens:

fcu1WJW.png

cUYIIg7.png

eYuuqTZ.png

Read it here: https://rinaldiaars.blogspot.com/2021/12/combat-mission-as-visual-aid-bringing.html

Outstanding Blog post!!!  Highly recommended, if you are even mildly interested in tactics and the Soviet way of war.  

BIl