RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

I'm not mentioning location of anything to avoid spoilers. 

Situation: an 88, a jpzIV, and a panther are widely separated and in good hull down positions, very hard to get at.  But I've got lots of free shermans from my good friend Franklin D. and I've maneuvered into three main tank assault groups.  The 88 is suppressed by sherman MG fire from elements of two of the groups, though main guns unable to get shot on target.  The JpzIV took traded shots w sherman and some hits from ~1500m but eventually damaged sherman w two casualties, crew bailed though I hope to re-crew later.  Bunch of shermans and one T34 are alloted to attack the jpzIV, two shermans and two T34s for the panther.  Every tank available has been positioned for a coordinated attack.

FSMvrhH.png

above, 88 suppressed by MG fire from 4 shermans at 0 and 90 deg to the gun direction.  Below, the devil spawn tank destroyer from hell that is wrecking my hopes for promotion.  Everything attacks at once and this demon knocks out 3 shermans.  The panther knocks out on of my precious T34-85s and takes no damage, the other tanks can't seem to spot him yet.

aSUH05R.png

YES!!!!!!!!   ah, I know y'all know that feeling!  T34-85 just holed the gun mantlet and I am in business!  Toothless jpzIV retreats!

ajrJoES.png

and I order general advance!  My infantry pours forward!  I can skirt the panther and get him from behind later.

1m8AsMa.pngSW objective just a few buildings away, infantry supported by two shermans will make short work of any remaining resistance in that sector in a few minutes

CHwD1YG.jpg

2 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

I'm not mentioning location of anything to avoid spoilers. 

Situation: an 88, a jpzIV, and a panther are widely separated and in good hull down positions, very hard to get at.  But I've got lots of free shermans from my good friend Franklin D. and I've maneuvered into three main tank assault groups.  The 88 is suppressed by sherman MG fire from elements of two of the groups, though main guns unable to get shot on target.  The JpzIV took traded shots w sherman and some hits from ~1500m but eventually damaged sherman w two casualties, crew bailed though I hope to re-crew later.  Bunch of shermans and one T34 are alloted to attack the jpzIV, two shermans and two T34s for the panther.  Every tank available has been positioned for a coordinated attack.

FSMvrhH.png

above, 88 suppressed by MG fire from 4 shermans at 0 and 90 deg to the gun direction.  Below, the devil spawn tank destroyer from hell that is wrecking my hopes for promotion.  Everything attacks at once and this demon knocks out 3 shermans.  The panther knocks out on of my precious T34-85s and takes no damage, the other tanks can't seem to spot him yet.

aSUH05R.png

YES!!!!!!!!   ah, I know y'all know that feeling!  T34-85 just holed the gun mantlet and I am in business!  Toothless jpzIV retreats!

ajrJoES.png

and I order general advance!  My infantry pours forward!  I can skirt the panther and get him from behind later.

1m8AsMa.pngSW objective just a few buildings away, infantry supported by two shermans will make short work of any remaining resistance in that sector in a few minutes

CHwD1YG.jpg

Nice pics. I just got to the mission you're on. Does look like it might be tricky because the germans do have some nice long range weapons, and the bulk of your tank force are 75 shermans.

good luck Sid_burn.  I hope I didn't spoil anything.  I was stuck for a while then used dead ground to get in position for coordinated attack.  And the infantry have been great, as they were able to advance and spot when the shermans were all hiding. 

Here's the immortal jpzIV, with more lives than Voldemort, now under attack at close range from multiple shermans and a T34/85 -- and it is still operating, trying to retreat! 

v5oz2vf.jpg

40 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

good luck Sid_burn.  I hope I didn't spoil anything.  I was stuck for a while then used dead ground to get in position for coordinated attack.  And the infantry have been great, as they were able to advance and spot when the shermans were all hiding. 

Here's the immortal jpzIV, with more lives than Voldemort, now under attack at close range from multiple shermans and a T34/85 -- and it is still operating, trying to retreat!

I'm on this mission too and your pictures are scaring me over what I'm about to face more than I already was at the beginning 😅. Great pictures though, I'm surprised that Jagdpanzer crew hasn't bailed from all of those hits even if they were almost all non-pens. Having to fight these beasts with mostly 75mm Shermans is cruel!

I did have three lucky shots that helped.  I knocked out a bunker using area fire, w infantry having spotted it.  Then managed to put a hole in panther gun.  Then got two hits just at the top of the nashorn.  The rest of the battle was less lucky in my shooting, unfortunately.  But I do have lots of shermans.

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

v5oz2vf.jpg

Yes funny enough despite facing Tigers and Panthers, the German casemates have been giving me a lot more trouble. I will be filing a complaint that they should be made illegal under the Geneva convention. 

I don't know art but I know what I like.  :)  FINALLY got this guy.  My ambush got ambushed by panzerfaust/panzershreks, careless of me, but I was having trouble getting panther spotted and ventured too close to some tree/bush cover w/o infantry support.  Then panther lit up another couple shermans.  So I lost 3 shermans plus a damaged T34.  Finally holed him from 800m when he had pivoted to take on the shermans coming from behind.

Two nice holes in the turret, good shooting.  Below shows view from T34, then bottom shows zoom from T34 viewpoint.  Can barely see the panther, w brown turret tracks & white paint, hulldown behind the brown wooden fence.

LNkJkWR.jpg

vyQJOey.png

EIbbrGZ.jpg

Finished, only a tactical victory.  I thought I did better than that, but I guess there's a computer somewhere keeping score.  Briefing said I didn't need to get the center of the town so I didn't.  That would've probably moved me up one victory level.

On to battle #7 and urban warfare w my somewhat depleted infantry.

Ahh, those pictures are from Naugard? I thought it was from the previous battle, the defense one around Hill 20, which I just beat, and all I can say is I seriously hope the amount I took out at Hill 20 make Naugard a lot easier, because I wiped out about 2 companies of infantry and nearly every tank they had and even got them to surrender.FnJox5E.jpgvCnJV49.jpgfd6dDHd.jpg

It was a horrifically brutal battle, tankers holding off squads of Volkssturm with their pistols and company commanders manning the .50 cal from a scout car cutting down Germans storming over a berm by the creek. I ended up losing around 60 men and a platoon of Shermans but it looks like I got a nearly full replenishment for battle #6 😁. The map of it looks huge but fun, the whole campaign has been great so far.

Edited by Codreanu

1 hour ago, Codreanu said:

It was a horrifically brutal battle, tankers holding off squads of Volkssturm with their pistols and company commanders manning the .50 cal from a scout car cutting down Germans storming over a berm by the creek. I ended up losing around 60 men and a platoon of Shermans but it looks like I got a nearly full replenishment for battle #6 😁. The map of it looks huge but fun, the whole campaign has been great so far.

The campaign is great indeed.

I remember this mission, especially Tigers:) 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:25 PM, danfrodo said:

Finished, only a tactical victory.  I thought I did better than that, but I guess there's a computer somewhere keeping score.  Briefing said I didn't need to get the center of the town so I didn't.  That would've probably moved me up one victory level.

On to battle #7 and urban warfare w my somewhat depleted infantry.

I only managed a draw, so that's pretty good I think, mission 6 was really frustrating with only 3 tanks that have any hope of penetrating the enemy tanks from the front, I ended up losing 7 tanks before cease firing because I just didn't want to deal with playing it anymore lol. One of the Panthers knocked out an entire platoon of Shermans in one turn and the other took 8 or 9 85mm AP shells to the mantlet before sniping the offending T-34.

20 minutes ago, Codreanu said:

I only managed a draw, so that's pretty good I think, mission 6 was really frustrating with only 3 tanks that have any hope of penetrating the enemy tanks from the front, I ended up losing 7 tanks before cease firing because I just didn't want to deal with playing it anymore lol. One of the Panthers knocked out an entire platoon of Shermans in one turn and the other took 8 or 9 85mm AP shells to the mantlet before sniping the offending T-34.

It's the most frustrating mission in the entire campaign!🤕

Ouch!  that sounds very painful.  Like I said, I think I got lucky in mine.  The last panther and the Jpz4 I did not get so lucky, that was a fight.  I am putting campaign on hold for a short bit.  I think I want to fight the Seelow Heights battle having just seen good video on the subject.

Mission 7 is a lot more straightforward but even more brutal. The mission designer really did an excellent job of his placement of the Volkssturm teams, using reverse slopes and hedges and the buildings to ambush your men at almost point blank range. Even though they're very inexperienced troops, at that sort of range they can really light your guys up with those MP 3008s and Volkssturmgewehrs. Many units break after some sustained fire but others seem to be fanatics who will fight to the very last. Most engagements usually end with one or two of my men being shot before a hailstorm of PPSHes unload on the enemy.J9O64Db.jpg

Codreanu, you inspired me to keep going on the campaign and not divert to seelow heights battle.  I have pre-planned smoke and arty barrage on the enemy side of the first bridge set for 15 minutes from start.  So I have to get the bridge approaches clear enough for an assault.  This is a really fun one so far.  Glad I am not volksturm, they are getting hammered.

And so it begins:  infantry + armored car rush the bridge.  The smoke rounds missed did the bridge/road but at least will blind flanking fire.

jPzIohx.png

First wave rushes across. 

iN91iy9.png

Success:  first wave across w follow on troops now crossing.  So vulnerable but it looks like my preliminary fire destroyed the immediate bridge defenses.  That plus smoke made for no casualties in first wave

OS1cU4p.png