Jump to content

RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread


Recommended Posts

On 7/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Just some mods in use.  I think the mods that displayed in the screenshots were; Aris vehicle mod, Aris graphic FX mod and MOS remove some German helmets mod (which includes @benpark helmet mod).

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/mos-remove-some-german-helmets-mod-for-cm-ww2-titles/

This mod results in some helmets being removed.   

ZSFx83Uh.jpg

Combined with Aris dirty, wounded faces.

hiqZsMch.jpg

 

No hemlets mod looks cool, but, unfortunately, doesn't work with CMFR as a majority of other mods created for CMRT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dbsapp said:

No hemlets mod looks cool, but, unfortunately, doesn't work with CMFR as a majority of other mods created for CMRT. 

Hmmm, some of the previous screenshots in this thread displaying missing helmets were taken in the Combat Mission Red Thunder / Fire & Rubble module.  Below are a few more.  The helmet removal is for the German Army.  It will have no effect on the SS or Luftwaffe.  It will also work on the Kriegsmarine.  There is also a tagged and no tag version of the mod.  If using the tagged version the scenario will need to have the tag to activate the mod. 

Or maybe you are saying the mod does not work in CMFB?  I just double checked and it still works in CMFB. 

Kriegsmarine in CMRT Fire & Rubble

xv8PTNSh.jpg

 

SS in CMRT Fire & Rubble (mod is not intended to work for SS)  

CtGoIwYh.jpg

 

German Army in CMRT Fire & Rubble.

WrGC6jvh.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Hmmm, some of the previous screenshots in this thread displaying missing helmets were taken in the Combat Mission Red Thunder / Fire & Rubble module.  Below are a few more.  The helmet removal is for the German Army.  It will have no effect on the SS or Luftwaffe.  It will also work on the Kriegsmarine.  There is also a tagged and no tag version of the mod.  If using the tagged version the scenario will need to have the tag to activate the mod. 

Or maybe you are saying the mod does not work in CMFB?  I just double checked and it still works in CMFB. 

Kriegsmarine in CMRT Fire & Rubble

xv8PTNSh.jpg

 

SS in CMRT Fire & Rubble (mod is not intended to work for SS)  

CtGoIwYh.jpg

 

German Army in CMRT Fire & Rubble.

WrGC6jvh.jpg

 

Oh, now I see it. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dbsapp said:

The helmet removal is for the German Army.  It will have no effect on the SS or Luftwaffe. 

Is it "simply" a question of needing to rename the mod for the SS, or something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Is it "simply" a question of needing to rename the mod for the SS, or something else?

Yes.  It can be modified for other German branches and nationalities.  However, I have tried to use something similar to remove some of the hats on the partisans and ran into problems.  This would be cool but have not been able to get it to work correctly, consistently for partisans.    

The mod was originally made for the CMRT scenario Alarmeinheiten.  The majority of the German troops in the scenario are German Army.  Only one platoon of SS that can be activated for a price in VPs.  Also a very small detachment of Luftwaffe at an airstrip.  So the mod focused on the Army. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 3:51 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.  Cool.

Very cool this view, is very interesting and give a touch of reality of the buildings, also the good old gaz mod vehicle, always present when we need it, he was already a good support in CMBN as Bedford...today a delivering truck in Warsaw.

 

JM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Soviet main attack is reported through the C2 system on one of four avenues of approach.

qjX2zhQh.jpg

 

The German Alarmeinheiten move out to counter attack.

vSQqxclh.jpg

 

In an over 13 square kilometer area of operations. 

92oVkeGh.jpg 

The Alarm unit triggers a partisan ambush.

gB5aM90h.jpg

dt7aT2dh.jpg

wh8Od66h.jpg

faFoLQdh.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

F&R berlin campaign russian side, battle 5 or 6.  I spotted a panther hull down behind a railroad embankment, worked my way up through built-up area to 800m w shermans hull down behind a wall.  Panther taking lots of low velocity hits which fortunately are mostly on the weapon mount, with one finally holing the gun -- if ya can't beat, knock out the gun :).  Lost one sherman, cheap price for a huge gain, as the panther was holding up my entire advance.

Big nasty panther now nothing but a rolling machine gun, watching the reds advance unimpeded.

rI4DJNG.png

hR9Yu3U.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

F&R berlin campaign russian side, battle 5 or 6.  I spotted a panther hull down behind a railroad embankment, worked my way up through built-up area to 800m w shermans hull down behind a wall.  Panther taking lots of low velocity hits which fortunately are mostly on the weapon mount, with one finally holing the gun -- if ya can't beat, knock out the gun :).  Lost one sherman, cheap price for a huge gain, as the panther was holding up my entire advance.

Big nasty panther now nothing but a rolling machine gun, watching the reds advance unimpeded.

rI4DJNG.png

hR9Yu3U.png

I remeber this mission. Those two panthers were a real pain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dbsapp:  I spotted them early on and was avoiding until I could at least have a chance.  Funny watching sherman gun vs panther gun velocity at that range.  Like a slingshot vs a laser.  I got the one to my left and hopefully that will open things up.  I knocked out the bunker on the right by area fire from a sherman that was sitting next to spotting team in house.  So far so good.  Slow battle w all the units to move through the town.  I just took the buildings holding the prisoners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disabled panther chooses to not flee, more sherman hits bounce off mantlet.  Then the big round hole lower right, where I brought up a T34-85.  I am keeping my 3 T34s back since they are my best AT assets.  Meanwhile, a nashorn shows up at ~1000m sitting the grass.  But my shermans have buildings and walls and make short work of what should have been a powerful german asset.  The loss of skilled officers at this late stage of the war is showing for the germans.  They'd never have sited this vehicle in this way earlier in war.  Mighty fine shooting by the sherman, I must say -- two holes on the little bit of the nashorn that could be seen over the sherman's wall cover.  (I'm trying to avoid spoilers by not showing where these vehicles are located.)

ogKxt7J.png

rN0dZ57.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The march to Berlin continues.  I was starting to think this battle would be easy.  Then two shermans get lit up.  There's an AT gun and something else that hit anything that leaves the dead ground.  I've ordered infantry to start moving forward.  Arty observer getting in position to call strike on AT gun position.  This all takes a while, big map & lots of units, but getting there.
MA81LIX.jpg
bDmFAV6.png
And I get my first encounter with the weird little 37mm-PZfaust thing.  He has the jump on my sherman but first round hits tree and second goes high.  He doesn't get a 3rd chance:
k3qVfkL.png
HOESkNV.png
 
Meanwhile, some folks need to work on their peripheral awareness:
fwMvEwr.jpg
but the russians spot first and the PPsh is at it's best at this short range
EbUfoEz.jpg
 
The advance slows as the armor hides in dead ground.  The infantry push forward across a wide front while arty is called in.  Hopefully I don't have many more surprises, I am ready to clear up the remaining Germans and move on to the next battle.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...