RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

2 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Yes, it's the CMRT Winter Mod, or possibly Winter '44 Mod.  I'm not sure how it interacts with any recent F&R snowy effects etc. but it seems to work.

I think there was an original Winter Mod which was developed and added to over a few years.

@kohlenklau was one of those involved I think, so perhaps he can fill us in on the fine details.

Ta.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

The CMRT Winter Mod started as I recovered from a heart attack in November 2015. I think that was a scenario written specifically for the CMRT Winter Mod by @kevinkin

I wonder how the scenario works without the mod, relying instead on BF stock F'u'R graphics?

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I think that was a scenario written specifically for the CMRT WInter Mod by @kevinkin

Yes, the briefing agrees with that and it's a great scenario, so thanks to @kevinkin.

Was thinking I should also mention the CMFI Wacht am Rapido campaign by @kohlenklau.  This also has some fine wintery stuff and some great maps and battles.

2 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

some fine wintery stuff and some great maps and battles.

Maybe folks don't remember that those were the days BEFORE CMFB and CMRT F&R and that ONLY CMFI had snow so we had to bring the Bulge to CMFI and then bring the snow from CMFI to CMRT. Crazy shennanigans...

5 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe folks don't remember that those were the days BEFORE CMFB and CMRT F&R and that ONLY CMFI had snow so we had to bring the Bulge to CMFI and then bring the snow from CMFI to CMRT. Crazy shennanigans...

I seem to remember that "Those were the days" was a No.1 for Mary Hopkin back in '68. Ah, we were all so much younger then, he says drowning in a wave of nostalgia. Which makes a change from drowning in a hogshead of Elizabeth's "Whitehall Bugger the excise man this stuff has a kick to it".

22 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.   I'm often surprised by the little details that I find when moving around the battlefield down at level one. 

Below are, I think, directions on a panzerfaust. 

FRaYPHsh.jpg

Cool game.   

very nice details this tank is really strong also with the two hits, he is not dead, we can read the "gebraucheinweisung" to use the pazenfaust, hopefully he will  not missing it, on this distance... but also see that the @benpark helmets mods is also not dead !

JM

Hi Guys ... The scenario is called "Happy New Year Major Bake" and was indeed made for the Winter Mod at the end of 2015. It deals with a tactical fight to stop the Soviets from capturing an important airfield in a coup de main thereby cutting off Stalingrad from any possible supply. 

2 hours ago, kevinkin said:

Hi Guys ... The scenario is called "Happy New Year Major Bake" and was indeed made for the Winter Mod at the end of 2015. It deals with a tactical fight to stop the Soviets from capturing an important airfield in a coup de main thereby cutting off Stalingrad from any possible supply. 

Thanks for info kevinkin.

18 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Is it legal to play CM before you turn 65?

9 hours ago, mjkerner said:

If I had my way, it wouldn’t be.

Hah! Bunch of old codgers 🧓👴👵 some of us have a way to go yet. (Not really sure why these emojis come up when I search for old 😅🥶😰😓🙏🧑‍🤝‍🧑👭👫👬📁📂🗝️🇲🇩 but since you're all old you can have them as well, maybe you have some insight as to what they mean?) 😉

16 hours ago, kevinkin said:

Hi @kevinkin, thanks for your fine work.  I have the Major Bake scenario, and the one I posted shots from above, which was 'A lot too late' with 5 Tigers attacking in the snow.  I think I have another one as well, but I can't quite remember the name just now (and no I'm not 65 yet in case anyone is wondering about my memory 😉).

Edited by Vacilllator

Hi once again ... 

This is my scenario design. But the back story for this video involves a few more hard working players. The video is perhaps the best within CM. Very well done and I cant take credit for it at all. 

Edited by kevinkin

31 minutes ago, kevinkin said:

Hi once again ... 

This is my scenario design. But the back story for this video involves a few more hi hard players. The video is perhaps the best  within CM. Very well done and I cant take credit for it at all. 

immersion total beautiful graphics nices sounds the first moments of the clip is very real seem to be the beginin fo a movie all is very nice !  also the sounds far away is nice ? really enjoying to see from the begining to the end !

russian tanks slogans, externe noise also the engine and gear very nice 

scenario seem to be also very interresting !

missing only the tanks tracks trace and the foot step in the snow and all will be perfect !

probably one of the best clip !

ok sorry the response stay at the end of the video  I just delet my question ! 

plus one 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

On 7/18/2021 at 10:59 AM, dbsapp said:

It's not a standard animation, is it?

Just some mods in use.  I think the mods that displayed in the screenshots were; Aris vehicle mod, Aris graphic FX mod and MOS remove some German helmets mod (which includes @benpark helmet mod).

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/mos-remove-some-german-helmets-mod-for-cm-ww2-titles/

This mod results in some helmets being removed.   

ZSFx83Uh.jpg

Combined with Aris dirty, wounded faces.

hiqZsMch.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 1:57 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Just some mods in use.  I think the mods that displayed in the screenshots were; Aris vehicle mod, Aris graphic FX mod and MOS remove some German helmets mod (which includes @benpark helmet mod).

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/mos-remove-some-german-helmets-mod-for-cm-ww2-titles/

This mod results in some helmets being removed.   

ZSFx83Uh.jpg

Combined with Aris dirty, wounded faces.

hiqZsMch.jpg

Somehow these screenshots (soldiers without helmet) make me more aware these were human beings of flesh and blood, fighting for their family and country.

Edited by Aragorn2002