RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

3 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

can that be done to any map, or is it one of your own? that's the only reservation i have about the new   march25th cassino master map-  it's not a bombed-out moonscape! lol

cheers,

rob

You can load any map you like into the editor, load it up into the 3d preview and using the appropriate mouse and key combinations change the look of the buildings. I would recommend saving the verison you attempt to modify under a new name before starting to make any changes. Then you can always reload the original in case you make a change you can't figure out how to undo.

4 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

can that be done to any map, or is it one of your own? that's the only reservation i have about the new   march25th cassino master map-  it's not a bombed-out moonscape! lol

It's one of the built-in maps, and yes - you can do it to any map. The map editor is fun! :)

Adding damage is particularly fun - the trick is the various shift, option (Alt), control -click combinations that add damage to buildings (they're written down somewhere) - Modular buildings are the best, as you have more damage options.

Edited by Freyberg

13 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

It's one of the built-in maps, and yes - you can do it to any map. The map editor is fun! :)

Adding damage is particularly fun - the trick is the various shift, option (Alt), control -click combinations that add damage to buildings (they're written down somewhere) - Modular buildings are the best, as you have more damage options.

can rubble be added to the terrain, craters, mounds of debris?

cheer5s,

rob

8 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

can rubble be added to the terrain, craters, mounds of debris?

I use rocks and heavy rocks and play with the elevation to make it look like piles of rubble. This works really well next to damaged house tiles, as it gives a steep edge - the ground level of the house will be the lowest elevation square the house sits on, so you can raise or lower it to make it look like an imploded building (higher) or a collapsed basement (lower).

I probably overdid it on this map - some of the piles of rubble were unrealistically high, but it wasn't too bad and it was super fun to play :)

Where there's shell damage I change the pavement to dirt or rocks etc. And lowering the elevation of a shell crater makes it look bigger.

You don't need any mod. Just add a [rubble] mod tag to the scenario. It is already built into the game and the engine simply swaps the texture. There are more like this, some are listed at the end of the manual :

[lawn] turns dirt red into mowed lawn

[trash] turns ground hard into trash

[softtrash] turns sand into trash

[night] adds camouflage to soldier faces

There are probably more. The last one it is for CMBS, might not work for ww2 titles.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Two grenades pass in mid flight during a grenade chucking contest. :D

Do we get to see the result?

Speaking of which I wonder if they can hit each other and bounce off. I have seen a throw go awry and not make it over a high wall but I'm not sure if the game would track a collision between two grenades.

5 minutes ago, IanL said:

Speaking of which I wonder if they can hit each other and bounce off. I have seen a throw go awry and not make it over a high wall but I'm not sure if the game would track a collision between two grenades.

It would by great to see. But, I doubt you'll find anyone volunteering to test it for you.

39 minutes ago, IanL said:

Soviets lost two troops and Germans lost one.  However the next competition was with SMGs and the Soviets won that contest.  They probably should have started with SMGs ....... :lol:

Both groups were chucking from tall grass so the explosions were a bit concealed and not really cool enough for a forum post.  

I've seen grenades bounce off objects (I think trees).  Never seen them collide with each other.  

33 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It would by great to see. But, I doubt you'll find anyone volunteering to test it for you.

At least not more than once  :D  :lol:   :)

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Zveroboy1 said:

You don't need any mod. Just add a [rubble] mod tag to the scenario. It is already built into the game and the engine simply swaps the texture. There are more like this, some are listed at the end of the manual :

[lawn] turns dirt red into mowed lawn

[trash] turns ground hard into trash

[softtrash] turns sand into trash

[night] adds camouflage to soldier faces

There are probably more. The last one it is for CMBS, might not work for ww2 titles.

Never knew that! So just make a map called (for instance) [trash] in your z-folder, add it in the editor as a mod tag and voila?

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Never knew that! So just make a map called (for instance) [trash] in your z-folder, add it in the editor as a mod tag and voila?

You add the tag to any scenario/map.  Mods that you or others created go in the mod folder / Z folder.  

Below are my notes on mod tags.

Place the tagged mod in the mod folder. Example: stream a [squalor]

Create a txt file with the word squalor typed on it.

The text file needs a single word, lower case for each tag.

For multiple tags type all the tags on the same txt document separated by a space, comma, or line feed.

(Once the txt is imported the tag names will display in the editor the same way no matter if they were entered on the txt with a space or comma or line feed between them.)

Example: squalor, separatist, ramadi, coup           

Place the txt file in the briefings folder.

Open the scenario in the editor.

Go to Mission – Mod Tags – Import – briefing folder – mod tags – txt document with the tags

Click on the txt document and it will automatically import into the scenario.

Save

May need to exit game and restart. 

Below is a discussion about mod tags that you might find interesting (it includes the above notes).