RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 5:54 PM, Ridaz said:

I want to bump this cause I could not find this thread in the first few pages. BF should really sticky all combat mission screenshots threads as they are my favorite! 

If you've not already seen this you might enjoy some of the other stuff that has been posted here:

• 2 weeks later...

In nearly 18 years of CM, I've never had quite this situation develop, but it was funny.

After heroically destroying 3 Su-76M's with the Schreck and grenades, this landser and his partner shot it out with some Soviet crewmen.  His partner went down, but they got all the crew.

When the schreck tried to displace, he bumped into a Soviet ATR gunner.

Fritz was quick on the draw and fired twice, but missed.  He tried to hook it around the corner of the building, but the ATR gunner put a big slug in him.

Schreck v ATR.png

Schreck v ATR part 2.png

Schreck v ATR part 3.png

• 1 month later...

Ivan: "Hmmm, this big German tank just rolled right up to us! It's only a few feet away!"

*scratches chin*

Ivan: "Evgeni! What should we do? Should we run away?"

Evgeni: "Nyet! If you put your hands up to your face like this, they can't see us! You see? It's working!"

Ivan: "I don't think playing peek-a-boo with the Germans is going to help us!"

Evgeni: "You have a better idea? Don't just stand there!"

Ivan: "I'm thinking...."

1mQ7F40.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Now that is a cool screenshot!!!  +1

Thanks! I thought the moment begged for a screenie.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

When confronted by pistol packing tankers, I always get the urge to commit a war crime. Grrrr!

Yeah, these were crack tankers and they took out almost as many of my SMG-carrying AT team members as they lost. In fact, two members of the first Tiger killed got away. That was the Tiger closer to the building, which was taken out earlier by AT grenades. Here's that sequence:

26657268397_d3d8ba2a43_b.jpg

40813848644_b603f85453_b.jpg

26657268217_9fff93003e_b.jpg

My guys buggered off and the two remaining crewmen ran behind the building and got away.

Here's one more cool moment when an HE blast dropped a building section and revealed a hidden HMG team. Then, my guys in overwatch took them out.

26657268647_b85cae1864_b.jpg

26657268577_b85cae1864_b.jpg

Edited by Macisle

15 hours ago, Macisle said:

Thanks! I thought the moment begged for a screenie.

Yeah, these were crack tankers and they took out almost as many of my SMG-carrying AT team members as they lost. In fact, two members of the first Tiger killed got away. That was the Tiger closer to the building, which was taken out earlier by AT grenades. Here's that sequence:

26657268397_d3d8ba2a43_b.jpg

40813848644_b603f85453_b.jpg

Love the shot with the RPG43 in mid air. BTW

The problem seen here is that due to the way the game works the German vehicle does not block the shots made by German units but it does block the bullets from the Soviet infantry. That makes the fire fight pretty unfair in this situation. It is a limitation that we have to live with (although making things better for these situations comes up from time to time and improvements continue to be made) .

My recommendation is to have supporting teams available with eyes on the target area but from a different angle. Or better yet multiple angles. I know easier said than done. Typically when I can achieve that the team that takes out the tank fairs better as the other teams deal with crew that are on the opposite side of the tank.

7 hours ago, IanL said:

Love the shot with the RPG43 in mid air. BTW

The problem seen here is that due to the way the game works the German vehicle does not block the shots made by German units but it does block the bullets from the Soviet infantry. That makes the fire fight pretty unfair in this situation. It is a limitation that we have to live with (although making things better for these situations comes up from time to time and improvements continue to be made) .

My recommendation is to have supporting teams available with eyes on the target area but from a different angle. Or better yet multiple angles. I know easier said than done. Typically when I can achieve that the team that takes out the tank fairs better as the other teams deal with crew that are on the opposite side of the tank.

Yeah, I love those AT grenades (though once I had a Tiger eat four and still require a tank shot to be taken out). I've always thought BF should highlight them in the UI like other special equipment. I wonder how many folks don't know every squad has a couple that get issued to the AT team if you split one off.

That's interesting about how the way tanks block incoming, but not outgoing fire contributes to the super-tanker phenomenon. I do try to use my tanks to provide cover for infantry against small arms occasionally (works pretty well, depending on the situation), but I didn't know that dynamic was part of what makes bailing crew seem like super soldiers sometimes. I do try to have covering teams from other angles (I also use covering teams for breach teams), but the situation didn't allow for it with the first Tiger.  IIRC, the tank commander got a Soviet on the same side before being taken out himself.

6 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

Agreed, nice after capture treatment to the image too. Nice “feel”. 

7 hours ago, IanL said:

That is just a great capture. Well done.

Thanks, for the compliments guys! That includes Warts & Trooper, which sounds kinda' like a pub for Wellington's worst-paid soldiers --The Warts & Trooper. :D

I didn't do anything to these images besides capture and crop. So, all the goodness is coming from BF's models, great community textures and finding the "sweet spot" for lighting and shading in the Engine. Speaking of which, here's that last shot from a different angle:

26677288457_72f69bce4e_b.jpg

Sometimes, I'm amazed at just how photo-realistic the current Engine can look when the right elements are in play. Again, this is just a crop. No photoshopping done to enhance anything.

Edited by Macisle