RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

How tough are Panthers anyways?  This one took 13 shots from T-34/85's from less than 200 meters without a penetration.

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_35_40.pn
CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_45_97.pn

It even took two shots in the side hull without a penetration!  From 180 meters!

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_53_46.pn

In desperation I tried a close-in infantry assault to take it out.  It went poorly:

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_32_07_80.pn

How tough are Panthers anyways?  This one took 13 shots from T-34/85's from less than 200 meters without a penetration.

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_35_40.pnCM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_45_97.pn

It even took two shots in the side hull without a penetration!  From 180 meters!

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_31_53_46.pn

In desperation I tried a close-in infantry assault to take it out.  It went poorly:

CM_Red_Thunder_2015_05_17_17_32_07_80.pn

This is exactly why I didn't want to face one head on in my CAAR. I just knew it would be trouble, and it was...

• 1 month later...

Lt. Ackermann and his wingman's Panzer are backlit from the violence of the explosion.

119sbgl.jpg

While the tank on tank drama plays out, the Landsers work feverishly to provide medical aid to their kameraden.  They have been bloodied badly from the Soviet artillery.

The Tigers are all that are keeping them from being overrun and crushed by the Red tanks.

Heinrich505

Nice work. Rinaldi. One little skirmish that seems to have ended up "on the cutting-room floor" was the story of the two T-34s that carried your SMG platoon into the woods on the right flank and accompanied them through it, and their interaction, if any, with the Luchs that you showed, starting to give your LMG team grief in their upper storey perch... I was expecting that to go worse for you than it did, since the Lynx didn't seem to have any armoured opposition, and looked like it was going to make dogmeat out of your SMG platoon, or at the very least the LMG team... How did it turn out that your right flank survived?

His attempts to push through the forest usually led to equally poor results in terms of infantry. Why he never moved the Luchs forward I'll never know - most likely he believed I had more T-34s there, which was a safe assumption on his part. I put down considerable mortar fire on the treeline off-camera to deter movement through it. I cut alot of extraneous stuff like that out of my videos because I simply do not want to upload a 2 hour video - no one will watch those.

The right flank had to more or less pull back to my edge of the tree line, and he was content to sit there with half-strength fireteams and just wollop me when I decided to move up. I think it was a case of mutual exhaustion. The LMG team managed to crawl down to the bottom floor and hide, but was unable to recover the DP.  I should've dismounted the SMG platoon in line rather than in columns of squads. The time it took to fan them out let him dump 60 odd men in there.

When I wanted to shift over to the left flank, but leave my right secure, I redeployed both of the 45mms just behind the treeline in case he decided to roar out with any armored vehicles. He was largely reactive by that point anyways, and I think he redeployed the Luchs closer to the Panther in reaction to my movements on the left.

Edited by Rinaldi