Mac development & unit representation ratios

hi, i am reading these posts almost evryday, and i am getting very excited about the game. There is just two things that i want to clarify...

1: is this game is being developed on the Mac, and will it stay that way.

2: i thought i heard somewhere that even though no computer avialible coud display a 1:1 unit representation, i heard that if you had a top of the line computer like a G3/400 then you could set the ration to 3:1 or even to 2:1

-so please clarify both these issues

>thanks

PS- please, please do not cut developement on the mac.

Guest Rhet Schmidt

#1 From what I remember not only are they developing this game for both the IBM & Mac they are actually using Macs' to do it. This is amazing to me since the people developing viruses don't even support Macs' anymore. wink.gif

#2 I assume you are talking about the representation of individual soldiers in the game here. BTS said that representing each man of a squad is outside the range of computer technology at this time. To compensate for this they allow a full strength squad to be represented by 3 soldiers for faster cpu's and by 2 soldiers for slower ones (user defined option). Atleast this is how I remember the resoloution of this issue.

------------------

Rhet

[This message has been edited by Rhet Schmidt (edited 05-02-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Rhet is right on both counts, except for the virus thing. Macs have never been a big target for viruses because they aren't in the work place as much. Plus Billy put in the ULTIMATE virus mechanism (Win95 + MS apps) so why not use it? smile.gif

Steve

P.S. Welcome DudeRaven!

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-02-99).]