Congratulations!

Now that we have passed the one-hundred post mark, I think that this message board stands as a monument to how things should be done. This group is a template for customer interaction. Thanks much for having it, I really think this kind of thing is what makes the internet more than a time-sucking addiction for techno-nerds like myself. :)

------------------

Climb to Glory!

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks redface.gif

It is very beneficial to talk with the people we are targeting our stuff towards. We have ironed out all sorts of little things and added some very good suggestions as well. All without having to wait until Beta to rush everything in at the last second! This is why our Alpha is more like other people's Betas; it already has end user feedback incorporated smile.gif

The REALLY STUPID thing is that it isn't that hard to do this message board thing, so why don't more developer's do it? Takes about 1/2hr (usual) to 2hrs (unusual) spread out over a 16hr period to stay on top of it. Sure there there are some downsides, but the upside is so worth it!

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 03-26-99).]

PLUS it already builds community now. Since most testers will, presumably, be from these boards we all have a fair idea of how we each think and can function more smoothly.

Having user feedback BEFORE they even become users (hehe) has a lot of potential. Always amazes me why more companies don't do it. It seems every game is released with a few options every buyer hates which they could have eliminated if they'd just asked.

Ah well. Their folly is your gain.