THREE (yes three) CM and Battlefront related interviews at The Wargamer

Guys, you read right. There's three great interviews up at The Wargamer with new pictures and an exclusive after action report.

All written by the inimitable Moon (who actually got to see CM running ... I am SO jealous of him.).

Drop by The Wargamer, read them and let me know what ya'll think ok?

Fionn (Historical Editor at The Wargamer)

Now that the news is out I'd like to thank Steve and Charles for giving me the chance for an interview and see the alpha version of the game. One would wish that more developers/publishers would offer such a tremendous support as I received from them! Thanks again!

Now that I've seen the game I can really say that everything you'll find in the FAQs and on the forum is 100% true and already in the game. When we played that little scenario (actually we played two... smile.gif), I must admit that this game looks and feels already like a 1.0 version you would normally find on the shelves from other publishers. Except that Combat Mission in its current state already beats every single wargame for the computer I have seen so far... (and I have seen a lot)

The attention to detail is overwhelming. You can see your infantry guys lobbing grenades and firing their small arms, the heavy guns recoil and target enemies realistically, hell, I think I could even see the shoelaces on that SS squad... smile.gif

Believe me, though, seeing the game didn't make my life easier... NOW I can't sleep anymore...

Guest Lokesa

oh, so Moon and Fionn are in on your marketing strategy too huh? I can see right through you guys man smile.gif

I try not to get to excited about upcoming wargames but you guys abviously take pride in your work, things are looking pretty good.

Guest John Maragoudakis

Moon I believe you when you say this games looks hot. That movie with the priest was intense. The priest was crazy to advance into open ground like that. There wasn't even a bridge accross that river in front of it. It's death was fast and to the point. Feels like front line combat footage. I don't give praise easily but when I do, I give it in spades.

I loved the report on the alpha game test. It really had that sense of a scene from a good warfilm. Combat Mission sounds like it's going to deliver on about 90% of the things I've been hoping for.

(I probably could have gone higher, but I'm a tough marker...)

This sounds fantastic. If you haven't read the report do so. But be warned, it won't make the wait any easier. wink.gif