Pause 00:01

womble

When my guys threw a grenade (with no grenade animation!) and blew up the crew, it was a thing of beauty to me.

There is a grenade throwing animation (for prone, kneeling and standing) so thats strange.. you sure it was a grenade?

Curiously the same guys who tend to make silly excuses are the same that feel happy once a commnunity "not realistic" idea is accepted by Battlefront.... It happens in many, many forums. Am I wrong? :D

Thats true.. they also tend to be patient and have a grasp on reality. All bugs/problems are not fundamental flaws, in many cases they are not even bugs. And just because BF doesnt answer/look into something straight away dosnt mean it wont be looked into at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... When my guys threw a grenade (with no grenade animation!) and blew up the crew, it was a thing of beauty to me.

If you zoom in really closely and watch carefully, you may well see the grenade ( they are animated ).

Unless it was a Demo/Satchel charge, those are not.

If you zoom in really closely and watch carefully, you may well see the grenade ( they are animated ).

Unless it was a Demo/Satchel charge, those are not.

There is a grenade throwing animation (for prone, kneeling and standing) so thats strange.. you sure it was a grenade?

The guy was prone, and his arm went around like he was throwing a grenade, but I did not see any actual grenade. I was close up, but it is possible I just did not see the grenade flying through the air.

It could have been a satchel charge. I did not check their inventory beforehand.

Either way, it was very cool!

The guy was prone, and his arm went around like he was throwing a grenade, but I did not see any actual grenade. I was close up, but it is possible I just did not see the grenade flying through the air.

It could have been a satchel charge. I did not check their inventory beforehand.

Either way, it was very cool!

Both grenades and satchel charges (rifle grenades, u name it) are rendered. See below, Italian inf and US paras exchange grenades:

12774282653_9e8413a578_o.jpg

I have noticed quite a few times that depending on the angle and proximity things like grenades and flying shells might show up and might not. It is actually possible to be too close, and then the image does not appear. At least that has been my experience. The kind of equipment you are running the game on may effect that.

Michael

And as a new game/module/upgrade or whatever is about the be released they are usualy not as present on the forums as they are otherwise. Steve will soon show up again to adress stuff like this, Im sure.

Yeah, I'm sure he is all tied up with the CMRT release. I'd let that come out for a little while then give this thread a bump to try to get him to address it, or at least explain any reasons why it is there. My guess is it may have to do with getting movable waypoint to work which he has said has been a challenge. I may be wrong about that reason, but I'm sure we can get some answers after CMRT comes out. Untill then just keep aware of moving the first waypoint if you have set a delay beforehand to avoid any unwanted behavior, and you should be ok.

• 3 weeks later...
This issue is now fixed. Hooray! I just wonder if this fix will automatically apply to ALL the other CM games with the 3.0 update?

Good news. I'm sure it will be incorporated in the 3.0/2.0 engine for BN/FI respectively; it's probably more work to reinclude it, and it obviously wasn't wanted in the first place.

This issue is now fixed. Hooray! I just wonder if this fix will automatically apply to ALL the other CM games with the 3.0 update?

Yup. A change to the core engine automatically carries forward to any future release we do. Where things get a little more specific is TO&E, model, and art fixes as those resources are inherently game specific and have to be manually changed for each game. There's always a chance we might miss something in that process.

Steve