Hi there,

it's question time again and today I have three little questions:)

1. In my actual pbem I defended the galician oilfields as the austrian succesfully. After some turns i noticed, that the oilfield isn't producing any longer although I never lost it.

My explanation for this: The russian army had for a longer time four units adjacent to the oilfields (but didn't cut the rail-link). Is the "siege-effect" in rule for resources too and that's the reason?

2. As the austrian You get the three detachments in Trento, Bruneck (?) and in Triest. At the same time you are warned to remove theses units because of the effects this could have on italy.

- What exactly is the effect of removing one respectively all of these detachments?

- If there is an effect, is it a one-time effect or is it for each round the towns are not guarded?

- Is it neccesary to hold exactly these detachements in the three places or can they be replaced by other units?

- Is it necessary to keep the units exactly in their towns or is it enough to keep them nearby? (This is interesting because especially the Triest-Detachement doesn't stand perfect in the later defendig line and I#d mostly prefer to move it one tile north-west and start to entrench there instead in Triest...)

3. The "official" arabian rebellion starts somewhen in 1916. But from the start on there are trigger-points for rebells in the region (especially in Medina and nearby Damascus).

- Are they in work before the official rebellion?

- If yes, from the beginning or just later?

- If Yes, how big is the chance of a rebellion here when I don't have a unit adjacent?

- This last point is anyway interesting for all rebell-trigger-points: How big is the chance of a rebellion in an unguarded trigger-point? Is there a certain number?

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi Furchtlosundtrew

1. Yes, the oil resource cannot produce due to the enemy units' presence.

2. I'll have to let you in on a little secret: whether or not you keep those units there, it won't affect Italian mobilization. :eek:

I kept the warning there because if the Austro-Hungarians do leave the border unguarded then that would be a bad move, and I want players to avoid the temptation of moving these free units elsewhere, because they would regret it later.

3. The locations are marked by pressing the P key so that you can see the locations for where the revolt will be likely to occur. But they play no role in game until the revolt begins.

This makes it easier for players, because otherwise when the rising starts, those who made a note of the locations from game to game would have an unfair advantage over those who are playing for the first time, or who don't record it.

The chance for a rising in an unguarded location is 15% per turn, so by leaving it unguarded you might be lucky for a while, but probably not for too long.

Bill