Captured T-34s

LukeFF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-277-0836-04%2C_Russland%2C_erbeutete_russische_T-34_Panzer.jpg

Mickey Mouses on parade! Great pic.

The reason I wondered is that it seems the panzer divisions were pretty much rebuilt every spring, which should mean cleaning out nonstandard equipment. But apparently the T-34s were still around in a couple of places.

The use of the PPSh41 was so common IIRC, that the germans even produced ammo for it (which wasn't very hard since the 7.63mm mauser round worked perfectly well as a substitute for the 7.62mm tokarev round).

They actually redid some of them in 9 mm, not sure how many though.

"the 7.63mm mauser round worked perfectly well as a substitute for the 7.62mm tokarev round"

Correct, and for the obvious reason - the Russian 7.62x25 is a copy of the Mauser 30. It dates to the era of the German "broomhandle" automatic pistol, the Mauser C96. When the Russian designers were looking around for a cartridge already optimized to work in a (semi) automatic feed action for a pistol, that is what they saw abroad. So they copied the round, and made their own automatic pistols and then machine pistols using it. They used the C96 itself in the civil war period and immediately afterward (a 1921 model produced for export in Germany).

It was, however, a rare round for the Germans in WW II. Nobody was using it in the service weapons (the C96 itself was phased out in 1937). Hence the 9mm conversions Duckman describes, since it was just easier to get 9mm ammo in the German supply system.

I’m confused at the ludicrous oversight in this game concerning weapons retrieval that the CM monkeys let stand. This game has so many well thought out features consequently the lack of ability to gather certain weapons is mystifying. Collecting small arms from the dead and wounded is part of the gaming experience. CM does extensive research into battles, dates, landscapes, and structures to create an accurate gaming experience which customers appreciate. But in the end the game is only as good as its weakest design. TOW2 made all weapons retrieval easy and a soldier could gather enemy material as well. This is all possible in CM but BF has a bewildering lack of deference to its customers. I wish more gamers would let BF know they aren’t purchasing any more CM games until this correction is made. Speak with you cash!

I’m confused at the ludicrous oversight in this game concerning weapons retrieval that the CM monkeys let stand. This game has so many well thought out features consequently the lack of ability to gather certain weapons is mystifying. Collecting small arms from the dead and wounded is part of the gaming experience. CM does extensive research into battles, dates, landscapes, and structures to create an accurate gaming experience which customers appreciate. But in the end the game is only as good as its weakest design. TOW2 made all weapons retrieval easy and a soldier could gather enemy material as well. This is all possible in CM but BF has a bewildering lack of deference to its customers. I wish more gamers would let BF know they aren’t purchasing any more CM games until this correction is made. Speak with you cash!

The weirdest thing about this post is that if you give buddy aid, they do tend to retrieve weapons and ammo. Especially if its an important one like MG, SMG, bazooka, etc.

This is all possible in CM but BF has a bewildering lack of deference to its customers.

Oh but they do listen and know what we want. The majority of us want a realistic simulation of ww2 and modern combat. Not a fantasy game.

The weirdest thing about this post is that if you give buddy aid, they do tend to retrieve weapons and ammo. Especially if its an important one like MG, SMG, bazooka, etc.

A SMG wont be retrieved, thats what superwuss is so upset about. Soldiers will stick with their standard weapon and only pick up an aditional on if its "special" mg, bazooka etc.

----

Your rifle/smg is not yours, it belongs to the army (anyone who has served knows this). You will get in trouble if you drop your weapon. And its not ideal to run around with two weapons. Unless the other has significant differances from the first.

Picking up other weapons would only happen in extreme circumstances. When units start to run out of ammo. This happens more often in game than in real life because players tend to press their units harder and in a more stupid fashion :D

Guys, don't feed the troll. It's Superwoz.

I haven't got a clue what his motivation is, since most 12 year olds I know have friends to Facebook/tweat. Apparently this one doesn't so he just comes here to wind people up.

I suggest the most effective and 'nasty' think we can do to Superwoz is just studiously ignore any post he makes... trust me, it will drive him wild.

That being said, I think it would be cool and realistic to have PPsh41s in veteran german formations, or maybe the straggler company.

Agreed, but as part of the TOE. Not scavenged on the field of battle. The PPsh isn't listed in the German small arms section, and no word from BFC yet, so I dont think we will see it. At least not in the start of CMRT. Maybe later on..

Another thing: I think the Russians should also get the option to use Panzerfausts, especially in the later months. They captured so many of them that they actually printed a manual. They called them "Faustnikami"

Printing a manual isn't definitive evidence that they were extensively used in combat.

LukeFF,

Soviet use of captured PF was recorded on film and in memoirs, although most often in urban fighting, not in PF's intended antitank role. I think the amounts they captured was one of the reasons they did not rush to produce their own version until after the war ended.

LukeFF,

Soviet use of captured PF was recorded on film and in memoirs, although most often in urban fighting, not in PF's intended antitank role. I think the amounts they captured was one of the reasons they did not rush to produce their own version until after the war ended.

I stand corrected, then. :) Thank you.

Yesh. Look Superwoz, if all you are going to do is troll about the lack a specific feature, which is actually unrealistic, do it somewhere else. We are not going to mimic the utterly unrealistic behavior of other games just because you think it's kOoL! You've been told this in the past and apparently you just don't get it.

In general your behavior is consistently in violation of the behavior standards you agreed to when signing up for this forum. Do it again and your privilege to post here will be rescinded.

Steve