How to show support for BTS now...

I preordered the game long ago, and I would be happy to have BTS charge my credit card now, regardless of when the game is actually released.

Why?

Because I have complete confidence they will be releasing an extraordinary game soon. Because they've been working like demons for months now without any appreciable income, and they may need it, if not to get over the hump, then at least to be able to see some early fruits of their labors. Because they deserve it, having provided a demo that's already given good return on my investment.

Please note, this is NOT a ploy to try to get them to release the game sooner than they've said they could. I fully support their plan to hold on and keep tweaking until they feel the game is fully ready for release. I just think this might be a way for me, and others who frequent this site, to show some material support for their efforts.

i agree to an extent. good faith on our part to help subsidise and insure BTS can stay active, but in the real world, you should never pay for a job before its complete.

that said, i would authorize BTS to a 1/2 payment now and the remainder on completion.

DavidH: A well thought out post. Eloquent and to the point. I however will wait and see. Obviously it can be, and is the choice of others to voice with their credit cards up front.

I want to see how the tcp/ip play is implemented. To be honest though, I don't know if I'll get the chance because I doubt that a second 'gold' demo with tcp/ip playability will be released.

But regardless, the beta demo represents something amazing.

For myself, it really boils down to the fact that I've been burnt too many times in the past to bother even trying again. No, I likely will not get burnt by pre ordering, but I can guarantee that I will not get burnt by waiting.

Regards

Tom

Talking about confidence,

I have no credit card so I paid per

wire transfer from Germany. Normal price for

a game over here is between 79,- and 99,- DM.

Including what my bank charged me I paid

157,35 DM for Combat Mission. I know it'll be worth it.

But NORMALLY, I'd agree with Sarge: pay when its finished, because you never know what strange things will happen before the release date. btw, I get my credit card in january. (hopefully)

cu tomorrow

Oli

------------------

<"let's nuke the site from orbit!">

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Heck i'd say just charge it right now to my CC, thing about it is my CC is a visa check card which takes directly from my checking account so i'm having to keep that money in my checking account!

But as for confidence, in only one other game ever (jagged alliance 2) where the developer was also a small company without a distributor when it was being made, was the development team as communicative with their fan base as BTS.

As those ruskies said in WW2

Ooorah Pobedius!!!!