Rpg's and molotov

zmoney

zmoney,

One doesn't walk around with a Molotov cocktail. It's the weapon of a defender. I say this having recently read Clark's The Battle of the Tanks: Kursk 1943. It's clearly stated there by a Russian infantryman that every unit was supplied with bottles, that the Molotovs were prepared ahead of time and stored in niches in the trench wall. He was at pains to explain how carefully one had to handle them. Apparently, judging from German reports and Russian descriptions, Molotovs did a lot of damage, bagging several Ferdinands, for one.

The shaped charge grenade to which you refer is the RPG-43.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-43

I can't speak for BFC, but I wouldn't hold my breath on explicit representation.

RepsolCBR and Saferight,

They were supplied it, 3000 launchers, as seen here, Section III-A, Page 4, Line 2

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/LL-Ship/LL-Ship-3A.html

8500 live rounds were supplied, as well as 1607 practice rounds Section III-B, Page 10, Lines 15 and 16

Regarding use, find the Russian Battle of Berlin doc on YT. Watch for the scene in which the branches are removed from amphibious jeeps about to cross the Oder. When the amphib jeeps get across, the troops are carrying bazookas. I've cited and linked to it several times on the Forums. The men going across are undoubtedly high quality troops, probably scouts. They carry a specialized weapon, and their job is to protect the bridgehead against armored attack until heavier weapons can be gotten across. I have no idea whether the Russians ever used a bazooka in combat.

Regards,

John Kettler

JK said...one doesn't walk around with a Molotov cocktail.

Don't know about that. Me and my friends would walk and run with em. We had WW2 bunkers to try them out on.

Wouldn't want to be someone inside a bunker when one went off.

We used to put Styrofoam into the gas to create a gooey substance that would burn for quite a while.

The bunkers were a mile or 2 uphill.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived youth in 1 piece.

Finns also practised using dual smoke grenades in bola style to blind tanks, allowing you to approach safely with satchel charges. There was also a blinding bottle M44 that you'd toss on the glacis that would have the same effect.

2z0THjq.jpg

lEWGH0v.jpg

Excellent, never seen that before. Very interesting.

Thanks

F