Woohoo! from the old guy

Grisha

I had so much fun with CMBB back a decade ago. Lots of gaming and lots of commentary and people of similar interests. It was a great game for its time and the one I wanted more than all the others. And here we are over ten years later and the Russian front is back on the table with the latest engine that Battlefront has to offer. I am seriously looking forward to CM2RT, so many thanks to the crew at Battlefront and the two dudes who started it all (I still wish I could play that air war game over Europe you guys made in another incarnation. The music was perfect too).

My opinion alone but if you do what you did for CMBB I'll be more than pleased with it. I've already ordered the damn thing. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Oh man... has it already been a DECADE?

Hence the reason I couldn't believe some of the initial b**ching about the upgrade system—no more waiting ten years to see new features. CMRT will be just as cool five years from now...actually even cooler!

Mord.

37? Geez are you old enough to be allowed to play a war game? :P

The only upside to being *cough* much older than you is I can look forward to having a lot of free time in retirement to play CM. Here's hoping you win the lottery and aren't having to wait 30 years to do so.

Yeah Mord - there aren't that many out there (maybe any?). Tiller does keep the engine updated across his series, but that is a helluva lot simpler in a 2d game with no real AI.

Phenomenal bang for the buck knowing my CMBN will have the latest features and capabilities 10 years from now. Like driving a car off the lot and instead of it immediately losing thousands of dollars in value, you know it's gonna be brand spanking new with even more features down the road.

Oh man... has it already been a DECADE?

Damn I feel old now... and I'm just 37 :(

Yep. You're over the hump and it's all downhill now. If you give up smoking and drinking and run a mile every morning, you might be able to slow down the aging process. Then again, you might also get run over by a drunk when you are out on your run.

:D

Michael

Yep. You're over the hump and it's all downhill now. If you give up smoking and drinking and run a mile every morning, you might be able to slow down the aging process. Then again, you might also get run over by a drunk when you are out on your run.

:D

Michael

lol hence my sticking to a treadmill. Wife makes fun of me, but she's the one who got bit by the Chihuahua in November. Can't outrun a Chihuahua and runs half marathons LOL she did NOT appreciate my snicker over that.

How the hell did she get bit by a chihuahua? Did she try to pick it up or something? If you give a chihuahua a good solid kick you can send it a good fifty yards at least.

Michael

she is far too considerate, she was trying to avoid stepping on it when it chased her. I'd have gone for the field goal. Itttttsssss Good! woot!

lol hence my sticking to a treadmill. Wife makes fun of me, but she's the one who got bit by the Chihuahua in November. Can't outrun a Chihuahua and runs half marathons LOL she did NOT appreciate my snicker over that.

Ok, that gave me a chuckle. She should have punted the darn thing over a fence...living in the Bay Area or not. :rolleyes:

it is amazing how fast 50 comes after you turn 40, so you guys in your 20's and 30's better enjoy it while you can. It's just around the corner.

I see the cast of friends nowadays and the guys look soooo old. Of course the girls are still hot but they get fixed. Fake beauty. Seeing Mark from the Rifleman today is shocking he's an old fart like me. Gilligan dead from Gilligan's isle and Ginger looks like one of them old street walkers who can't get a job doing anything else. lol Even Seinfeld looks like my grandpa. lol My grandpa.....and Alan Alda (hawkeye from Mash) old and gray is unbelievable. It is sad getting old. :(

it is amazing how fast 50 comes after you turn 40, so you guys in your 20's and 30's better enjoy it while you can. It's just around the corner. :(

I have long held the belief that time is speeding up. This is why vacations as a child lasted forever, but just whistle by when you are an adult. I also believe that gravity is increasing, which explains why we start to sag as we get old.

I have long held the belief that time is speeding up. This is why vacations as a child lasted forever, but just whistle by when you are an adult. I also believe that gravity is increasing, which explains why we start to sag as we get old.

But we do get smarter ... well, at least, that's my explanation for my forehead increasing in size at the expense of my hair. ;)