Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

WeGo TCP/IP - hurrrrah

Offshoot

this game mode is best , replay button is just a secondary feature. platoon comanders couldnt replay action 10 times irl.

But there were several platoon commanders and they all were experiencing the action around their position. I as a player CAN'T watch all the action everywhere simultaneously. I can watch one place at a time only. The rest of action on a whole map is lost for me.

With replay feature, I usually play it 3 times - watching actions on left side of the map, sometimes the center and on the right side of the map, and separately replay some interesting moments and actions from close range. It's the only way I can control actions of all my men and vehicles on whole map and know what is going on everywhere.

If it was to be a realistic simulation of a force commander, I would only have map and hear/read raports of what is happening. Sometimes I could use a binocs from a single point of view, ground level.

I'm not interested in such hiper-realistic sim. I prefer to watch what is going on - it's 80% of the fun for me. And I can't in real time. That's why I don't play RTS games, and prefer turn based wargames.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i mentioned in my post (inside the wrong forum ...) thanks to bring this back steve.

But please can you tell us, are there any thoughts in the back of your mind about MP with more than 2 players at all ?! (RT of course)

+1

Like other small house quality game companies.....The Civil War chaps and the WWI Naval games come to mind. Both hyper realistic and designed by about 2 people each BUT have COOP play. Excellent to boast your MP community.

Be aware that there is a bug with the saves in 2 player TCP wego. Once you try to reload your save, you will find that the clocks become unsynced and the game crashes.

Thread started over on the tech forum, and BF have managed to repeat the bug at their end. I'm hopeful this means it will be fixed soon - if more people shout about it, then it might get done!

Until then 2 player TCP wego is not workable.