update scripts?

OK, new to AOC.

I went to editor to save a copy of Barbarossa to Berlin with a different name so I could tinker with the units involved, names mostly. I try Save as and I get a warning that some scripts need updated. Afraid to ruin something, I stop, and take a look at the scripts. The one labeled Strength is starred for an update and their are no scripts in it right now. I have V 1.03 (more on that later). My questions, noobie ones I am sure; should I click Update, or perhaps Update All? Then save the original campaign? Should the little box beside automatic updates be checked? It is not now.

On the version? The game shows V 1.03, but when I use the check for updates thing it says I have V 1.02? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

I really enjoy the game. The large map and the AI are great.

Hi Mudhugger,

Just selecting Update and then saving should do the trick.

Update All will recompile all the scripts and Update just does the ones with a * next to them.

The other settings can be left as is as they only apply if you are editing scripts as a mod and want each script to be updated right away to check for errors.

The updates link sounds to be incorrect, the in game version number is the most important one and it sounds like you've got the right one.

Hope this helps,

Hubert