Mod request.

Hilts

This is addressed mainly to the expert uniform modders. Has anyone done or is planning to do a weathered uniform for the new MG American airborne troops? I'm playing through the Road to Nijmegen and my men have got weathered faces and weapons but their uniforms look like they have just come from the dry cleaners! Thanks in advance......

I do not consider myself an expert and should probably keep to myself, but I will offer you something. I have an incomplete US Uniform Mod that you can use, or should I say look at to see if you want to use. Everything is uncompleted but I believe it covers want you want I think. For example it has para helmets but I am still working on a netting template and after I get that the way I like it, I will add scrim. Also equipment gear, I started working on those but none is finished, so all I can say I have something you can check out. It works best with a non-stock de-saturated terrain.

You can find it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krixnwgcynvk5u/ezUSUniform.zip

and this link is temp, in 2 days it will drop.

2 screens

12133406104_1e554ed77d_c.jpg

12133661266_11daa03ac9_c.jpg

PS The Good news is, now that I have spoken up, I am sure other Modders will show up and give you what you want.

I do not consider myself an expert and should probably keep to myself, but I will offer you something. I have an incomplete US Uniform Mod that you can use, or should I say look at to see if you want to use. Everything is uncompleted but I believe it covers want you want I think. For example it has para helmets but I am still working on a netting template and after I get that the way I like it, I will add scrim. Also equipment gear, I started working on those but none is finished, so all I can say I have something you can check out. It works best with a non-stock de-saturated terrain.

You can find it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krixnwgcynvk5u/ezUSUniform.zip

and this link is temp, in 2 days it will drop.

I tried it out and the uniforms look good and not as "green" as the original. Actually , when I had another close look at the stock uniforms they weren't as "new looking" as I thought. Thanks for sharing EZ. Let me know when you have completed your mod. Cheers!

Before:

KgA7WVl.jpg

After:

sAOe9AE.jpg

I have been working on a dirty airborne uniform mod, but I let it rest because of the mess with the file names before the latest upgrades.

I then sort of forgot about it, but I´ll have a look at it again.

That would be cool Umlaut..... As far as I'm concerned the more uniform mods, the better!

The original art work and painting is there to be brought out. It is excellent and a good first step is take a simple approach before using painting or brush techniques. Perhaps simple re-toning may be the place to start. Just by adjusting sliders for 10 minutes I got the following. Not retouched. Not a finished product, but something to try.

rend1.jpg~original

Getting a little more involved you can apply some dodging to the seams and threads, a lighter layer for frontal wearing on the trouser. Normally I would spend allot more than 30 minutes for a final product, maybe 10 hours. But I just wanted to show how the vanilla texture already has most of what you need. Its just a matter of bringing it out.

Rend2-1.jpg~original

Getting back to the original Toning Adjustment. Beware of collateral effects. Noticed the webbing buckles were no longer black, and adopted the same tone as the uniform. The subconscious sees this. So I returned the webbing only to the original state which makes a nice contrast from the uniform. And reduced the flag by 20% in size although it seems large still, but they were that way I think.

Getting back to the original Toning Adjustment. Beware of collateral effects. Noticed the webbing buckles were no longer black, and adopted the same tone as the uniform. The subconscious sees this. So I returned the webbing only to the original state which makes a nice contrast from the uniform. And reduced the flag by 20% in size although it seems large still, but they were that way I think.

REND3.jpg~original

Anyways this is my mod;) for my personal use, I'll grow tired of it and download somebody else's later.

Given there are only a couple of these uniforms I was thinking of having a go at them too but have become confused by what uniform these guys are actually wearing. The file names say 'm42' but the jacket looks like an m43 paired with m42 trousers (I'm no expert - just going by the pictures I have seen - comparison at http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/general-quarters/4849-drought-paratrooper-uniforms-3.html). The trousers could be made to look more m43 by making the pocket a slightly different colour for a DIY mimic.

I think the stock uniforms are way too green. Ideally, I would love it if my MG American airborne troops looked like they do in A Bridge Too Far. The uniforms in that have a washed out look which looks far better in my opinion. EZ is on the right lines with his mod.

Here is a quick try at that, the collar area is small and the Model mesh is cut to look like a collar and tie, but you can put a camo scarf there.

Click on image for larger view.

12149076686_3c4632ea27.jpg

I think the camo scarves look excellent -- I don't notice the collar and tie shapes because they just appear to be folds in the silk. If you can make the silk a bit less shiny and mute the color a bit more it would be even better, IMHO.

With these, a muted flag patch and weathered/worn unis, we'd have a terrific Airborne mod.

I think the camo scarves look excellent -- I don't notice the collar and tie shapes because they just appear to be folds in the silk. If you can make the silk a bit less shiny and mute the color a bit more it would be even better, IMHO.

With these, a muted flag patch and weathered/worn unis, we'd have a terrific Airborne mod.

Ok,

I will eventually make a set with and without but if you’re interested, I put an update over where I store stuff for download which has that camo scarf. Currently I am jumping back and forth between Brit and US so it may take some time but I will put up updates.

Download-Link. Look for US folder

Since others are also working on stuff you will get a better choice of options. :)

ez