The Blitz Scenario of the Month program

Full disclosure I have been asked by the fine people over at the Blitz to help out in spreading the word about happenings over there.

The CMx2 Blitz ladder is running a 'Scenario of the Month' project and you all are invited to participate. The goal is to playtest scenarios in order to determine how well balanced they are for H2H play.

CMBN: CW Monty's Butchers

CMFI: GL In for a Pound

Forum post for signing up

If you are not already a member you will need to sign up to post. There are more details at that link but you will be paired with an opponent randomly to play out the scenario.

The blitz holds a database of all scenarios that have been played by members of the ladder. For CMFI you can see it here: http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/Combat-Mission-x2/cmfi/action=list&game=165

From it you can see how many games have been played and what the outcomes were. For example you can see that Beyond the Belice has been played 9 times and has a pretty even split.

The goal of the scenario of the month is to get players playing some new scenarios and increase the amount of information recorded in the scenario database.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

March scenarios are a bit delayed. The blitz team is doing a major update to the site. To improve security and add some ladder play features. As a result things are bit behind.

The new site goes live on March 15th and with the improved security of the site every member will have their password reset and a new default password mailed to them (along with instructions for setting to your choice). For full information on how to verify that your email is correct read this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The Blitz is running three scenarios this month.

Sign up for the September (yes we skipped July and August) Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: Attack on Verrieries Ridge

CMFI: Palma di Montechiaro

CMRT: Minsk Express

The form post on theBlitz for sign up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Blitz is running four scenarios this month.

Sign up for the Feburary Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: CW Flowers of the Forest
CMFI: Venafro Back into Hell
CMRT: The Woroblin Bridgehead
CMBS: Gagarina Ave Checkpoint

Edited by IanL

• 1 month later...

Sign up for the March Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: MG Counterattack at Son
CMFI: GL Lost
CMRT: TWC Hill 621 Redux
CMBS: Galloping Horse Downfall

Edited by IanL

• 4 weeks later...

Sign up for the April Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: MG Drive on the Dreijenseweg
CMFI: Palma di Montechiaro
CMRT: Augustow Plague Boil
CMBS: Going To Town

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The Blitz is running two scenarios this month.

Sign up for the October Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: MG Out on a Limb
CMFI: Bad Day at Beach RED

Edited by IanL
Because I am copy and paste challenged.

Dilemma spot folks , A (very) junior fporum member spots a senior member make a minor, but irritating (and possibly very confusing) error.  Do they point it out politely via a pm? or slink quietly away?.......................

Well i "like" c3k attitude, but tend to be more reckless :)  ;)

errm I think you'll find that it's the OCTOBER scenario of the month IanL :)

Dilemma spot folks , A (very) junior fporum member spots a senior member make a minor, but irritating (and possibly very confusing) error.  Do they point it out politely via a pm? or slink quietly away?.......................

Aye! Well done, lad, well done. Keep IanL honest. Heck, for that faux pas, I think he owes you a pbem game. You pick the map, the forces, and the victory conditions. ;)

Don't worry - Junior fporum members get honorary Senior forum status... :P :lol:

Many people don't even know where the fporum is :ph34r:

Edited by Baneman

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm hit, going down; all out of control.

DAMNIT - you got me.

btw IanL do you have time for a PBeM game (I have only CMBN and all expansions), since I have insulted a "Great Old One" I suppose I should give you the satisfaction of beating me publicly (not doing an AAR though they are HARD work).  pm me and we'll see what we can do.

Edited by zinzan

• 3 months later...

The Blitz is running two scenarios this month.

Sign up for the December Scenario of the Month has started over at the Blitz. This month the scenarios are:

CMBN: CW Ubique
CMFI: GL Elephants and Tigers

Edited by IanL
Fixed date