My holidays project

Hello

I have uploaded this map to the repository. The map is named 'Lingevres - Tilly Sur Seulles road'.

Hopefully it will be avaliable shortely..

Some details...

- i have delibratelly put alot of gap-tiles in the low-bocage to make them more crossable by infantry. Armour will still be restricted though.

- tall bocage will not have many gaps and will require engineers.

- Not all...but many of the bocage-lines will have some parts that are elevated one level to allow supporting fire across wheatfields...bocageline to bocageline.

Hope you will be able to do some nice fighting on it...Some final pictures.

CMNormandy2014-01-0915-58-19-56_zpse25147d3.png

CMNormandy2014-01-0916-04-06-54_zps038813d6.png

CMNormandy2014-01-0916-03-50-18_zps172d1bc0.png

CMNormandy2014-01-0916-04-42-48_zps5a387a34.png

CMNormandy2014-01-0916-04-58-11_zps552944a3.png

Oh man those last pictures looked really good - going to find the map now...

Glad you like them !

I'm sorry but If i'm not mistaking there will be a short delay between when something gets uploaded to the repository and when it will be avaliable...I think a day or two...

When it is avaliable you will find it in the NORMANDY/MAPS section in the repository.

Hope you will enjoy it

Hello...

I have been working on a battle-damaged version of this map.

Besides rubbled buildings i have also tried to implement a few things that have been suggested...reworked roads, more flavour objects etc. and i have also added internal doors to all multi-tile modular buildings to allow movement through these without going back out in the streets.

I have finished Tilly Sur Seulles and reworked the roads. Lingevres and the other farms remain to be done. The map will be avaliable early next week i think...I don't think i will have it ready by this friday...

This will be the map i intend to use to try and make 2 scenarios. One played as the brittish and one played as the germans.

The first one.

The brittish attack on Tilly Sur Seulles will be about battalion sized scenario. Two companies up and one company kept in reserv that will arrive as reinforcements to help with the attack on the town it self.

To support the infantry i was thinking something like 2 platoons of armour, 6 regular shermans and 2 fireflies...A cromwell supporttank or two might also arrive as reinforcement.

Facing you will be...

German infantry and a few Panthers...Also 2 Tiger tanks will be defending this area. Beside clearing objectives in Tilly Sur Seulles...thoose Tigers will be priority targets...locating them and destroying them either with armour or sneaking up AT teams.

With a map this large i think it will be hard to make a very mobile AI defence but i will try to make some smaller german units moving around the place...

Scenario two i have no real plans for as of yet.

I will upload the map to the repository if some of you would like to use it as a QB-map.

Some pictures of Tilly Sur Seulles after being shelled by brittish artillery and allied warships...

CMNormandy2014-01-1418-35-38-14_zpsef5b9a61.png

CMNormandy2014-01-1418-17-16-26_zps806afbe1.png

CMNormandy2014-01-1418-16-50-42_zps557515d1.png

CMNormandy2014-01-1418-17-31-63_zps3b772ad8.png

One of the farms with added flavoured objects

CMNormandy2014-01-1418-55-34-51_zps9fb45c96.png

Excellent job on the ruins and battle damaged town.

You might also want to consider making some totally destoyed and rubbled lots too.

Various mappers have really advanced the state of the art in making ruined cities and towns.

For example: The CM totally destoyed buildings are useful but only up to a point. Instead of just using the editor's detruction key to rubble a building 100%, Try making some more diverse types of ruins on your own. For example, rubbled buildings don't just lie flat. They can collapse into their basements and leave a big mound, and collapse into the streets too.

To get that effect, experiment with ditchlocked elevated mounds, cover them with rocky terrain tiles, and then strew junk and other scattered objects on and around them. Make a few walls left standing by placing a few tall and short wall segments in or on the perimeter.

Then you can have a lot of craters around, too.

Excellent job on the ruins and battle damaged town.

You might also want to consider making some totally destoyed and rubbled lots too.

Various mappers have really advanced the state of the art in making ruined cities and towns.

For example: The CM totally destoyed buildings are useful but only up to a point. Instead of just using the editor's detruction key to rubble a building 100%, Try making some more diverse types of ruins on your own. For example, rubbled buildings don't just lie flat. They can collapse into their basements and leave a big mound, and collapse into the streets too.

To get that effect, experiment with ditchlocked elevated mounds, cover them with rocky terrain tiles, and then strew junk and other scattered objects on and around them. Make a few walls left standing by placing a few tall and short wall segments in or on the perimeter.

Then you can have a lot of craters around, too.

Thanks for the tip...I will try this :)

Take a look at the Venafro map in CMFI-GL. I had a lot of fun creating a seriously rubbled town using elevation changes, different terrain tiles and lots of junk flavor items and wall sections. If your map is fairly flat you can also use the shallow ford tile to create puddles/water filled shell craters. Add some mud and a little rain and it gets pretty atmospheric.

sburke

I checked the map out.

I get the general idea and will test-build me some ruins.

Doing it this way will provide some added flexibility and controll of your troops when fighting amongst the destroyed buildings (rather then just entering a pre-made damaged building).

many possibilities here...

Thank you, guys...great tip !

Hello...

Having a go at trying to build me some ruins using the high- and low walls an idea came to me (maybe not a new idea...but here goes).

Why not add the same battle-damage function to these walls that the independent buildings have now to enable some variations.

CTRL - left click will toggle between different levels of combat-damage

once. Intact walls damaged by scrapnel

twice. partially collapsed wall - version 1

three times. partially collapsed wall - version 2

four times. partially collapsed wall - version 3

Whitout being a computer programer. I don't think that this has to be all that hard for BFC to do.

And while i'm at it...Why not add the shift - click function also...to change the texture of the walls to further increase variation.

Thanks, Bradley !

I'm already seeing my forces on this map and I can't wait to play it!

Get your troops loaded-up with ammo !

You will be able to play on this map in a few days. I will upload it to the repository sometimes during the weekend and it will probably be avaliable on monday or tuesday next week.

I hope it will provide some good fighting-terrain...

• 9 months later...

I just want to say, as a player, that I very much respect the map making and modding community of this game.

I am certainly guilty of not leaving feedback and I think there is a good answer to these issues. We have sticky in the discussion thread with, let's suggest, several new maps a month that have some minor recommendations or a well established author. The thread asks for feedback and provides a download mirror. Players would see these recommended maps and hopefully leave some good feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

grunt GI, Aragorn2002 and Trooper117

It was quite some time ago that i finished that map and my original plan was to try and make a scenario or two using it.

I have not given up that plan eventhough it has been quite long since i made the actual map...

More then anything i have been waiting for triggers to become avaliable in CMBN Before starting on a scenario...Now they are :)

Not just triggers either...

The ability to fire handheld AT weapons from inside Buildings have been added, the latest patch and the veichle pack (including flamethrowers ) also

makes my temted to try and turn this map into a full scenario...

The map is rather large though and making a scenario on it will most likely be a time consuming Project and quite complicated i fear...

Last week i got another idea in my head for a scenario utilizing the latest features of CMBN (patch and veichle-pack).

I have started working on this idea and things are moving along nicely but i think it will be atleast another 2 weeks before i have enough done to show 'what's coocking'...

The new scenario is somewhat smaller in scale and will hopefully be easier to complete with a good result...

When this scenario is done i might have a go at making a scenario for this map....

The map itself is avaliable at the repository....here.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2993

but it is only a map for now...No troops, no objectives and no AI-plans.

I hope it will still be useful as a H2H QB-map...