(re) installing SC, SC gold, AoC, AoD

Some time ago I bought both the Sc and the SC Gold update package and the AoC and the AoD package. I then installed them all.

As a result I got SC installed in one directory, SC Gold installed in a subdirectory of SC (with quite a couple of double files), and AoC and AoD each in their own directories. I got 4 icons on my desktop (8 counting the manuals I believe), with most scenario's the same under the several start up options. It seemed a bit double to me, but it worked.

Now my computer has crashed (I declared it terminal, and used it as excuse to finally buy a new one). This gives me the opportunity to do a new install, and now do it right...

Should I have bought both bundles? Do I need to install them all? How can I best install them? Are all these double directories and files needed?

Hi Bertram,

For installation I would just install to the default installation directories or at least try and not install any of the expansions into subdirectories of the base SC Global Conflict game.

For example, you could have an installation like the following:

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\SC Global

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\SC Global GOLD

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\SC Global AoD

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\SC Global AoC

Everything that is installed, even if seemingly duplicate will be required for each package to work properly. But again, best not to install within another install to help avoid overwriting from one package to the next and especially if you uninstall single packages at a later point you wouldn't want an uninstall to affect a previous install when directories are removed.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Thanks, it worked fine.

Another question about the installs..... I now have Windows 8.1. The installation of the games adds an app (in the app screen) for contacting the helpdesk, for going to the forum, for going to the Battlefront site, etc. And this four times, for ech icon. It is a bit much of a (not so) good thing. I dont seem able to find out how to remove these app icons, even after deleting the links with the internet explorer the apps stay on the app screen (though they dont work anymore, obviously). Anyone has an idea how to remove them?