Realistic Battle Size?

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

Hi guys. Firstly, thanks for taking the trouble for answering questions for us here, Im sure Im not the only one whom greatly appreciates it smile.gif

I was just wondering what a realistic map and battle size (vehicles and men) is. On say a a currently entry level system of a P350 with 64mb and a 3D card (I believe 350's have actually been taken out of production..), what size map and have many units and men would you say is possible whilst keep the gameplay realitively smooth and pretty looking smile.gif

Sorry if this has been mentioned early, but Ive only recently for this great looking game! smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

This is a difficult question to answer because everyone has a different opinion of what "smooth" means, and it's the combination of map size and number of units that taxes the CPU (i.e. a large map with few units is roughly as big a chunk to chew as a small map with many units).

But in general with a 350 MHz machine and a 3D card you can play any scenario we ship with the game. We have only just begun internal testing (and optimizing), but 2000x1000 meter maps with about two companies per side was not a problem on a machine of this class.

Charles

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-21-99).]