Christmas Bone

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if there are any plans for triggers in engine version 3? it would be great if the AI could counter-attack especially with the bigger maps.

What he said! I would even settle for a halfway coherent fighting retreat. Though it must be said that Comrade Stalin could be rather convincing on staying in that hole until the very most bitter end.

Oh dear... I picked the wrong time to go unemployed (if that turns out to be the case, still in the wind until 14th of january).

But I love the Ostfront so I will beg, borrow or steal to get this game!

Oddball, if it comes to the worst and you can't afford the new game, I will donate € 5,- to you, as I am sure will other people. No dedicated member of this community should be unable to play CM, because of a money problem. Sorry to read even Sweden is affected by the economical situation.

Looks impressive :)

Quick question, with the inevitable increase in complexity when bigger maps come in (you can't have a 30km front capability without having at least a few truly epic map filling battles :D), is there any plan to give units more autonomy (even if it's optional)?

Just as one example, I don't see how you can reasonably tell who's under fire and respond, other than second by second stop/go, so having units able to seek cover a little bit more proactively than they currently do or calls to indicate under fire (not just casualties) might help...

Alternatively will there be any other tools to assist managing such large fronts?

Cheers,

Jamie

Looks impressive :)

Quick question, with the inevitable increase in complexity when bigger maps come in (you can't have a 30km front capability without having at least a few truly epic map filling battles :D), is there any plan to give units more autonomy (even if it's optional)?

Just as one example, I don't see how you can reasonably tell who's under fire and respond, other than second by second stop/go, so having units able to seek cover a little bit more proactively than they currently do or calls to indicate under fire (not just casualties) might help...

Alternatively will there be any other tools to assist managing such large fronts?

Cheers,

Jamie

WEGO is the tool :)

Thanks for the bone, Steve. I will, of course, be buying the east front game. I may even dip my foot in the water of modern combat and purchase black sea.

@Erwin Buy the best CPU/video card you can afford. This advice has been true since the dawn of home computers. The sweet spot is usually last year's "bleeding edge".

Quick question (I don't know if I'm being a little dim or not here)

I pre-ordered Combat Mission Battle For Normandy back in 2011 (The hard case edition) and currently I have all of the modules (CW and MG). My question is will there be another western front expansion to fill the last disk slot in my case? Or is the new Eastern Front game going to do that?

Not 30km "front". 30 square kilometers. So, maybe a bit more than 5km x 5km.

Or 1.5km x 20km.....

I'm currently playing "Operation Hammersmith" in CMSF which is about 1.5km in depth and would give you plenty of engagement range if you plonked WW2 tech in, so obscenely long fronts are a distinct possibility (subject to scenario design and technical limits).