German ACs and Halftrack Video

I don't know if this has been posted before but I ran across this video on Youtube. I can't speak to just how groggy it is but it seems to be a pretty good overview of ACs a HTs, with some good footage of them moving and the like.

There seems to be a plethora of WWII documentaries on YT lately, a lot of which I have never seen before. If you like this one there are more from the same series which is called the "German War Files", at least that is what they are labeled. Any way, here is the link. Hope you guys dig it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Mord.

Posted on it about a month or so ago after I too discovered they were all on YT these days. I've got most of them on VHS where it's called Die Deutschen Panzer. There's also Die Deutschen Luftwaffe done by the same production company.

Good to spread the word. Some excellent footage. If you watch the self propelled gun one there's a snippet of a sturm tiger firing it's huge main gun for example.

-F

Posted on it about a month or so ago after I too discovered they were all on YT these days. I've got most of them on VHS where it's called Die Deutschen Panzer. There's also Die Deutschen Luftwaffe done by the same production company.

LOL Sorry, man. I figured somebody had probably already found them. You probably listed them before I was posting regularly again. I am usually up on most threads. Seems like every time I go on YT lately there is another bunch of WWII vids that surprise me. It's to the point now where I get 90% of my documentary fix from YT.

Good to spread the word. Some excellent footage. If you watch the self propelled gun one there's a snippet of a sturm tiger firing it's huge main gun for example.

-F

Yeah, the part I was most intrigued by was just watching the vehicles do their thing. There was a lot of footage that I have never seen and quite a few vehicles that I have never seen on film. I plan on viewing all the vids the guy listed. How many videos are in this series? Be nice to have it on DVD if they have released it on DVD.

Mord.

Don't sweat it, good to spread the word out as they're really good doco's IMO.

I've never seen them on DVD, I might convert my VHS tapes to DVD one day. In the interim I've used the FlashGet plug-in for Firefox to download all the episodes and then Format Factory to convert them to 640x480 mp4 files. Quality isn't DVD but is free so what the hey, can watch them whenever I like now.

:)

-F