New file at the Repository: Sicily Pathfinders (2013-11-27)

It is the night of July 9th, 1943. The invasion of Sicily is about to begin. The rest of the 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 82nd Airborne division are due to start the invasion shortly after midnight but first a team of pathfinders must mark the drop zone (DZ). How the pathfinders perform in this mission will help determine the course of the airborne operations and indeed the invasion. Fictitious playable as the US vs the AI only.

More...

Tried it out last night. Very much enjoyed it. Had some intense firefights running into some patrols. Was difficult to try and get everyone together and push due to the time limit. Got a draw. The only criticism I might have regarding it was I would just up the time limit an additional 15 minutes so scenario is 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Very well done scenario.

Tried it out last night. Very much enjoyed it. Had some intense firefights running into some patrols. Was difficult to try and get everyone together and push due to the time limit. Got a draw. The only criticism I might have regarding it was I would just up the time limit an additional 15 minutes so scenario is 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Very well done scenario.

Super I am glad you liked it. That is what I was going for - short intense, hope your guys survive it fire fights. The time limit came from the fact that the pathfinders were only 30min ahead of the main force. I figured that probably meant they really had even less time because the beacons and flares really need to be there before the main force not just as the main force arrive.

However from a game play point of view you have a valid point.

And thank you for commenting.

-- SPOILER ALERT --

I would have to do a bit more then just up the time. One of the groups that you can run into is actually very powerful and could probably take out the whole US force. My current AI plan has them heading straight for one of the objectives but not quite able to make it. That would have to re visited.