WW1 Revisited - An Ash and Will AAR - Entente

Greetings one and all, and welcome to another Ash and Will AAR. Hopefully I'll be able to do this one a bit more regularly and in detail than my last (AoC), which was admittedly a bit sporadic, although the game itself was enjoyable.

We begin this game with Ash taking on the nasty Central Powers while I assume command of the righteous Entente.

Turn 1

Right from the off, I notice something strange- Ash has neglected to invade Belgium. This could mean a few things- either he has deployed his initial reserves all to the east, and perhaps operated some from the western front over to the east, in order to mount an early offensive against the Russians; or he is gathering more troops and stacking their elite steps for a much more powerful invasion of Belgium.

ldod.png

The delayed attack gives the French troops additional time to fan out, and hopefully preserve as much of France under Entente control as possible. The rest of the troops dig in.

In Serbia, Austrian troops move but do not attack. The detachment guarding the capital was replaced with a more solid army and the HQ moved to a more offensive position.

orxf.png

Russia will no doubt present the majority of the 1914 entertainment. My first move was to send cavalry scouts to test the line at different points. Koningsberg was found to be lightly defended, but a larger German force appears to be waiting a little further back. I will tread lightly in the north here.

9rnd.png

Further south at the Austrian fortress line, Russian forces are amassing with a few shots fired. The Silesian mines in Germany were found to be unguarded, and a detachment was dispatched to occupy them. My main aim here is to crack the Austrian line and take the fortresses.

30fq.png

Let the fireworks begin!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 2

Things are beginning to hot up, lets get to it!

On the western front, still no attack on Belgium by Ash. I'm confused! Will the Germans forget all about Belgium and attack straight into France?! I can only imagine that there is an ungodly amount of force about to arrive in Russia, or he is building for a much bigger Belgian offensive. Meanwhile, I get extra time to dig in across the front, no need for a picture.

In Serbia, a detachment is badly wounded while in poor supply and is drawn back. The capital remains quiet but next turn will probably come under assault.

x29t.png

In Russia, the action has begun. Russian forces began an all out assault on the oil fields, bringing the corps there next to destruction. Next turn we should be able to seize them. Further north I drew back the Russians as a precautionary measure against a possible German attack. Koningsberg can wait.

uwd7.png

At sea, we had our first skirmish. A German sub ran into a spot of bother with a Russian destroyer, and subsequent attacks have brought it down to 40% strength. A cruiser has been left out to catch the sub in any attempt to escape while more Russian ships trundle northwards to continue raiding on German supplies.

v54n.png

So far, so unusual. The delayed attack in the west may prove to be a masterstroke or a tactical disaster, depending on what Ash does with the extra time. I always struggle a bit controlling my navies when there are so many fleets to manage and right now I'm just sort of idling them around certain positions. No doubt the subs will come out to play shortly.

Turn 3

The Germans finally decided to give their rifles a test fire on the Belgians. Two detachments went down in flames and the capital came under siege. The occupying force bloodied the nose of one of the invaders before beating a hasty retreat, along with another Belgian army. Ash may be in for a tough time trying to break into France thanks to his month's delay.

oai.png

On the eastern front, German corps advanced on my retreating Russians. Once again it was a case of bloodied noses while continuing to fall back. There are significant Russian reserves waiting to be operated to the front next turn- this is where many of them will go.

g1wa.png

Down south against the Austrians, a Russian corps was destroyed. However the lost men were avenged; an Austrian corps guarding the Silesian Oilfields was wiped out and the oil stolen.

4y8y.png

In Serbia, the Austrians launched an attack on the capital almost bringing it down in one turn. Fortunately it stood strong, but I don't think it can take another assault.

g1wa.png

We are now also beginning the process of applying diplomatic pressure on Norway. As Britain has yet to properly engage, their MPPs are being put to use! Swinging Norway to the Entente should be fairly straightforward and may yet yield a profit if we can persuade them to start trading with the Brits.

Turn 4

Things are beginning to really get heated now. Massive fights across the European theater, let's get to it.

In Russia, the Austrians are reeling, and trying to reinforce. Another brutal offensive by the Russians led to casualties, but also the destruction of another enemy corps. A siege on the fortress at Lemberg may be only weeks away!

However, the Tsar was informed of a significant German force approaching from the north, likely trying to relieve the immense pressure on their allies.

xue9.png

Down in Serbia, the capital was lost and the Austrians advanced, no offensive actions.

28ql.png

The west saw a ton of action. The Belgians began the counter-attack by damaging two enemy corps. French forces followed up en masse to destroy two elite German corps. However, several corps were left at 70% strength on the front line, so heavy losses are expected next turn. Fortunately, the British have now started to arrive to fill the gaps.

e4fy.png

Turn 5

The Austrian front is looking very promising right now. No major attacks this time- instead the Russians advance, and a corps lands a lucky strike at the Austrian HQ. The fortress at Lemberg is now under siege as planned. Glory to the Tsar!

Further north, a German army is approaching Lodz while the siege remains at Krakow. Two corps have been force marched to defend Lodz.

1914-10-10png1.png

Down south in Serbia German artillery is threatening in the front. Rather than allow themselves to be pushed over, the two main defending corps launch counter-attacks at the Austrians, bringing one of them down to 40% strength, before retreating further into the mountains.

1914-10-10png3.png

Across the European theater in Belgium, battles continue to rage. Two French corps were destroyed as revenge for last turn's attacks, and now the Entente brings the fight to the Germans once again, shattering two corps but not destroying them. What is most promising is that as the Western lines thicken and the lines become gradually more stagnant, the Germans still have yet to cross the French border, or even conquer Ypres.

1914-10-10.png

Turn 6

Bloody fighting on the western front saw a British corps go down defending Ypres, but we strike back immediately, leaving Ypres abandoned, and no doubt razed to the ground. What is very pleasing though, is that as 1914 draws to a close, not one meter of French land has yet been given to the Hun. Excellent.

1914-11-07-1.png

In the east, trainloads of Russian reinforcements have brought the north German offensive to a sudden halt, and destroyed a corps.

1914-11-07png1.png

Further south Lodz was lost, making this the most serious threat to Russian territory.

1914-11-07png2.png

Down at Lemberg the siege continues and reserve units prepare themselves for an all out assault to commence shortly, once the defenders are appropriately weak. Another strike at the Austrian HQ ensures that nearby units are kept in low morale, and low supply.

1914-11-07png3.png

Down in Serbia another corps was lost, so we are retreating into the mountains, where Austrian progress ought to slow sufficiently.

1914-11-07png4.png

At sea, the German navy has done a real number on the poor Russians. They just aren't as seaworthy as their European aggressors. However for many months now the British Royal Navy has been enacting a strong blockade on Germany, reducing NM considerably.

In diplomatic news, it seems the Norwegians have been persuaded ever so slightly to our way of thinking....

Hi Will :) ,

- Not looking that good in the Baltic and Serbia but having that annoying artillery unit down there means other fronts are safe from german shells. Remember to keep an eye on Bulgaria !

- About russian navy I didn't say anything but usually I think most players keep the ships in ports forcing prussian navy to watch its back. It also saves MPPs and NM but who knows...

- The siege of Krakow is now threatened. But at least you contained the evil german invaders only losing your first NM location this turn. Things are also under control near the prussian border.

- With winter coming and a better than usual frontline in the West you still have many good cards in hand ;) . Plus those Austrians don't look like they can handle a shovel that well hehe !

- Curious to see if you'll get Norway on your side. That won't hurt Germans as bad as Holland changing side/diplomatic stance but it's never pleasant for the Kaiser hehe !

Waiting for the next turn !

Turn 7

1914 is drawing to a close, ushering in snow, hard ground and stalemate. Fortunately a convening of the Entente reveals predominantly positive news.

On the eastern front, the northern German thrust has been stalled at just shy of the Russian-German border. More damage was dealt to one of the advanced German corps, although we did take a loss this turn as well.

1914-12-05png1.png

In the south, the siege of Krakow has been abandoned, the trenches left empty. It is simply no longer viable with the pressure being mounted by the Germans to the immediate north. Relieving the siege works frees up a lot of troops though, and allowed us to make another foray into the open and take down another German corps with minimal losses.

Along the Austrian fort line, not wanting to allow winter to give the Austrians the breathing room they so sorely need, an all out assault was launched on the fortress at Lemberg. The defenders put up a good fight and were not driven out, but were badly weakened and their defenses destroyed. With hard snow arriving at the end of this turn, taking the fortress next turn may not be possible- however counter-attacks from the Austrians will also be neutered and reducing the entrenchment level on the fortress will be easy to do without taking losses.

1914-12-05-1.png

In Serbia, the Austrians and German artillery advance. A bad situation but one that cannot be relieved except with further constant pressure on Lemberg.

1914-12-05png3.png

On the Western front, the Germans seem to have finally packed it in! They did not advance, and neither did we, so Ypres remains a no-mans land for another turn. The lines along the Belgian border are quite deep now, and making any kind of territorial gains here is going to be hard going for either side. However, it's fantastic news for the French.

1914-12-05png2.png

In other good news, the Norwegians have decided to cease trading with the Germans. With one of their main trading partners gone, NM sunk. The blockade remains a major factor too.

Russians gained trench level 1 and industrial level 1, while the French gained trench level 1.

A new front will soon open up in the Middle East, but there is little to report so far. I have another project in the works which may reap major rewards but I'm not ready to show my hand completely just yet...

Hi Will :) ,

- Not looking that good in the Baltic and Serbia but having that annoying artillery unit down there means other fronts are safe from german shells. Remember to keep an eye on Bulgaria !

I think Serbia will fall shortly but it will hopefully come at the cost of Lemberg. I do regret the choice to make the extra general you get given Serbian instead of Montenegrin though :P I thought I had more Serbian troops than I really did!

- About russian navy I didn't say anything but usually I think most players keep the ships in ports forcing prussian navy to watch its back. It also saves MPPs and NM but who knows...

Yeah indeed that was a bit of a disaster. Fortunately during all this time the Royal Navy has been given plenty of free time without any piracy, plus the blockade.

- The siege of Krakow is now threatened. But at least you contained the evil german invaders only losing your first NM location this turn. Things are also under control near the prussian border.

I don't think Krakow is a realistic objective anymore, but I reckon I can push the Germans back!

- With winter coming and a better than usual frontline in the West you still have many good cards in hand ;) . Plus those Austrians don't look like they can handle a shovel that well hehe !

I think that's the really big factor here yeah. I still have plenty of French land to fall back on if needs be, but right now it's looking like I won't be ceding all that much French territory at all until Ash diverts the artillery from Serbia, especially not with trench tech hitting for the Frenchies. Also the forward position means much less pressure on the British to provide troops to defend in the west, so I'm sending an extra corps and cavalry down to support the Middle Eastern campaign (and maybe an amphib invasion, who knows ;)

- Curious to see if you'll get Norway on your side. That won't hurt Germans as bad as Holland changing side/diplomatic stance but it's never pleasant for the Kaiser hehe !

Indeed! I chose Norway because the prospect of them switching to trade with the British is just too tempting. The poor British economy can't sustain much right now :(

Waiting for the next turn !

All in all, exciting stuff!

Turn 8

Well we finally reach the end of the year. No Christmas football in this version of history though; rather than no-mans land being 20 yards apart, it is now 20 miles. Ypres is a ghost town.

1915-01-02png2.png

Southern Germany was similarly stagnant, although we landed a few lucky hits on the Lemberg fotress and kept the defenders low on morale and entrenchment. This turn we also kept behind enough MPPs to invest in infantry warfare.

1915-01-02png1.png

The only real action occurred in Serbia, where the righteous defenders struck back at the Austrians, bringing a corps very low on strength while suffering almost no casualties ourselves.

1915-01-02-1.png

Turn 9

The snow lifts a little allowing for some offensive action in the east. The Austrians drove back a Russian corps (not destroying it though), so we retaliated by destroying one of theirs. More reinforcements are brought up to continue to siege on Lemberg and at long last, the big guns have arrive. Lemberg is to be crushed.

The German advance at Warsaw has stalled for now.

1915-02-27png2.png

In Serbia the snow hindered an attack on the capital but destroyed any entrenchments those defenders might have had. It will almost certainly fall next turn, but we were able to get our end in too, driving back an Austrian corps almost to destruction.

1915-02-27png3.png

In Belgium more troops were brought to the front, and with no other use for them (as the advance on Paris appears to have been all but called off by the Central Powers), a French marines unit was sent to break the deadlock and take Ypres. The German troops here are well dug in, but in low spirits. With French artillery now available to us, can the Entente reclaim Belgium?!

1915-02-27png1.png

The Ottoman front is now opening up too. No shots fired as yet but the sides are squaring each other up; the small, but highly professional British army, and the numerous, but poorly trained Turkish horde.

1915-02-27.png

With so few French losses to speak of, the French industry has plenty of spare MPP floating about. This turn we invested heavily in research in industry, intelligence and trench warfare. The Russians gained a level in production technology- a hit well received so early on.

Turn 10

The French Marines sent to seize Ypres were predictably wiped out- however it provided useful recon on the German defenses in the area. Or rather, lack thereof. The Germans here are weak and low on morale. A naval bombardment and support from a nearby aircraft carrier brought the coastal corps to 50% strength, and the others aren't looking much better. The British and Belgians advanced, supported with French artillery and backed by legions of French troops. If I can retake the area around Bruges, it will be a major blow to the German navy, who will lose their most forward naval base. Other than that I'm not sure what my objective here is, honestly. Taking Brussels with the Brits would be a major win, as they suffer from a chronic lack of MPPs. It could also open up a potential route into Amsterdam, but this will no doubt have serious consequences on Entente-US relations.

1915-04-10.png

In Russia we chased a corps down to a sliver of strength and moved Russian guns into range of Lemberg. With the besieging corps now at full strength, weather permitting and Austrian counter-attacks notwithstanding, next turn will see the first proper assault on Lemberg with full artillery backing. Further north at the gates of Warsaw an advancing German corps was destroyed, but I fear serious counter-attacks to follow.

1915-04-10png1.png

In Serbia we continue to mount a cautious defense, retreating one corps to try and get the breathing room required to squeeze out an elite step. Once the enemy reaches the mountains it will be particularly difficult to mount good attacks, but nevertheless Serbia remains isolated.

1915-04-10png1.png

This turn the British reached infantry level 1. This will be a major factor in pushing our offensives in the middle east and Belgium.

Ohoooo ^^ ,

- Nice force build-up around Lille and that british infantry tech 1 will quickly add to CP misery no doubt ! Summer of 1915 will be hot with Italians knocking on the austrian backdoor too...

- Now the Serbs just have to hold long enough to stretch the Austrians a bit more but with the railroad to OE cleared at Nish bad things are bound to happen down there pretty soon...

- Waiting for the exciting stuff to come with Lemberg's final assault and the Entente offensive on the strategic chocolate factories near Bruges ! Oh and about Holland don't forget dowing will also give free corps to Prussia, maybe you don't want that :D ...

Ohoooo ^^ ,

- Nice force build-up around Lille and that british infantry tech 1 will quickly add to CP misery no doubt ! Summer of 1915 will be hot with Italians knocking on the austrian backdoor too...

- Now the Serbs just have to hold long enough to stretch the Austrians a bit more but with the railroad to OE cleared at Nish bad things are bound to happen down there pretty soon...

- Waiting for the exciting stuff to come with Lemberg's final assault and the Entente offensive on the strategic chocolate factories near Bruges ! Oh and about Holland don't forget dowing will also give free corps to Prussia, maybe you don't want that :D ...

I don't think the Italians are gonna be up to much sadly :P

I don't know what the impact is of saying 'No' to the event which asks if the British want to 'help' them enter the war, but I declined it simply because otherwise I'd have virtually no British income.

As for the Serbs, what would be the impact of them being wiped out? Is it a significant boost to NM for the CP? If it's bad enough I might send some British support, as they aren't needed in France.

- The british help to Italians means more MPPs to get them started (50 MPPs per turn for 4 turns) so they can put pressure quickly on Austrians.

- Not sure about Serbia surrender but NM isn't truly a factor unless you manage to isolate and kill serbian units in low supply before capturing their last capital. The main result is to free up CP units since Greece isn't that much of a threat.

- It also gives some MPPs to Austria with locations (one city, one capital and one mine) and plunder (if you conquer Serbia with austrian units, remember Bulgarians are considered german units !!!).

- Other than free CP railroading/operating to OE depends on Nish/Bulgaria so surrender isn't actually needed for that.

- In a way losing Serbia allows the Tsar to focus ressources on Russia alone so it's a mixed bag. Still it can frustrate CP a lot not being able to wipe out the punny Serbians (psychological warfare :P ) and it also keeps one german artillery unit busy. If you decide to send UK units there don't forget you need an HQ to be effective.

Turn 11

The Central Powers first move was to feebly attempt to stall the Belgian offensive. Although they succeeded in roughly bludgeoning my 12 strength British army down to 50% strength (although now with 3 pips of veterancy), follow-up attacks supported by the Royal Navy, airships from Britain, artillery, and a strong offensive from combined British-French-Belgian troops resulted in the front line of Prussians being smashed apart. One corps was destroyed and another brought to within a whisper of destruction. The rearguard troops are low on strength, and we even managed to strike the HQ in the rear.

1915-05-08-1.png

In Russia, Lemberg finally fell. Many Russian bodies line the 100 yard dash to the parapets of the fortress- a regrettable but necessary sacrifice. As a result, the Romanians have shifted to our favour, Austrian NM fell by 4 percentage points, and the Italians were tipped over the edge; they now fight for the righteous Entente.

1915-05-08png3.png

A plan has been cooking all the way back since 1914 in the Mediterranean. It has taken some time to get all the necessaries prepared, but finally Operation Sea Wolf was put into action- the wholesale destruction of the Austrian navy. Combining an Anglo-French naval force consisting of subs, battleships and cruisers, the Austrian navy was hit hard, sinking a destroyer and a cruiser. With the Italian navy now in the war and access to their naval facilities, we should be able to continue to press and wipe out the remaining naval units, which appear to be weak.

1915-05-08png2.png

In Serbia, an Austrian corps was hit, and the Serbs were ordered into another retreat. There is still a reasonable force available to protect Uskub, and as the city itself lies in the mountains, it will make for a particularly tricky assault. I don't think Serbia can hold out forever, but I would like to try and hold on until the fall of 1915. That will have given me the entire summer to wage war freely with no less than 7 austrian corps and a german artillery piece distracted.

1915-05-08png1.png

I mentioned last time about potential plans to send British support Serbia. This idea has now been called off, as urgent matters call from the south-east. The Ottomans are advancing quickly and in alarming strength. Fortunately, for several turns already I have had much of the recently deployed Britain-based army loaded onto transports and sent to this region for precisely this eventuality. The first unit, a cavalry corps, arrived this turn, and will shortly be joined by 2 additional corps and another HQ. The artillery is taking forever to reach the front but that will be a great help when it arrives too.

1915-05-08png4.png

Turn 12

A short pause now, while the offensive is brought to strength before striking again. In France a tit-for-tat exchange saw us losing 2 corps, and hitting back to destroy one of theirs in retaliation. It seems a large German force has been mustered to hold Belgium so there will be some bloody months ahead, however I am hopefuly that as Kitchener's Army forms, we will have the strength to push them back. My sights are set primarily on the fortress at Antwerp- a solid British or French unit in there will become a significant roadblock to the rest of France if it can be taken.

1915-06-05png3.png

In Russia the Germans are attempting to outflank Warsaw. They destroyed a weak corps on our flank, so we destroyed one of theirs. At Lemberg there was little activity besides the re-forming of all the damaged units after the assault. With the Austrians at entrenchment level 3, taking further ground against them may be difficult, so I now have to decide whether to press further on Przemysl or switch my force entirely to fight the Germans. If I keep pressure on the Austrians, it will make the Italian's job easier. If I put the screws on the Prussians, it will make the British-French attack easier. Hmm...

1915-06-05png1.png

On the Ottoman front, the first shots were finally fired. A forward Turk corps attempted to attack a dug-in detatchment to little effect. We fired back and brought it to extremely low strength (10%) while taking no serious losses. A new Corps arrived to the front this turn, and will soon be joined by an additional corps and another HQ.

1915-06-05.png

France reached a new level in shell technology, which will be a great aid in blowing Belgium to bits.

- Mmmmh looks like your pressure in Blegium is helping Russians a lot to contain CP and even make significant gain (congratulations for taking Lemberg ^^ !).

- Italia also joined in time to keep Austrians busy before Serbia fell though with Bulgaria on CP side it will soon be a massacre down there...

- Infantry tech gave no advantage so far with UK and OE tied but I wonder who will get it next... If it's the Germans it will be a problem in the West.

- Fortunately, NM wise it's looking good for Entente and austrian navy is ripe for the taking. As long as the Tsar doesn't give too much ground it's going well :) !

Turn 14

Missed turn 13, sorry!

However the front's haven't shifted drastically, but that doesn't mean we've been devoid of excitement.

On the Western front, the window for proper Belgian gains has now been lost, I believe. We inflicted good damage but now the Germans are getting seriously dug in, and airship scouts show a two-deep line of strong troops. Without upgraded artillery, shifting them will be an exersize in futility. However, that leaves me with quite a lot of firepower with nowhere to go, so it has been decided to send the Belgian and British combined Expeditionary Force consisting of 6 corps, 2 artillery pieces and 2 HQs, together with assorted French forces, to attack Metz, where I believe the line is weaker. Hopefully Ash expects me to continue pressing in Belgium so I may need to attempt some kind of offensive action there to keep up the facade.

1915-07-17png4.png

In the North of Russia, recent reinforcements to the area have facilitated an attack on the German forces here. Taking no losses, we almost destroyed a pesky German cavalry unit.

1915-07-17-1.png

Around Warsaw there continues to be heavy fighting, including an assualt on the fortress. The cavalry inside are ill-suited to defensive purposes and have since been replaced. This area is in bad need of reinforcements to protect Warsaw, but at least we have the artillery.

1915-07-17png1.png

In the south, the Austrians tried to counter-attack. They will soon learn that attacking their superior enemy is futile; we destroyed another corps.

1915-07-17png2.png

In Serbia, well, things are not looking good. With the Bulgarians entering the fray I don't think the poor Serbs have much more fight left in them, but their heavily entrenched position in the mountains will at least force the enemy to bloody their noses somewhat.

1915-07-17png3.png

At the end of the turn we got several good diplomatic breaks- crucially, Holland is no longer trading with the Germans. We expect their NM to fall appropriately. In addition, the Portuguese came over to the British side of thinking. Italy also gained a level in trench warfare.

Turn 15

The eyes of the world continue to watch the eastern front where the world's largest armies bloody themselves against each other. In the north, our new reinforcements provided enough of a scare to the Germans to force them to back off. I could have pursued them out of their trenches, but I'd rather deal with the pesky corps that sneaked past my lines and into Vilna.

1915-07-31png3.png

Further south we lost the fortress at Warsaw. This is a blow, but an inevitable one. With such force being presented the Russians cannot expected to hold everywhere. However, with the river between the Russian and German lines, and recent advances in Russian entrenchment technology (level 20, I believe this significant NM capital will present a tough nut for the Germans to crack.

1915-07-31png1.png

In the south, we lost a corps; and promptly destroyed one right back. The miles of open land surrounding Lemberg must be positively littered with corpses by now.

1915-07-31png2.png

In Serbia a detachment guarding the road leading to the capital was destroyed- the last speedbump preventing the Austrians from having direct access to the mountain city. Serbia has but weeks to live.

1915-07-31png5.png

Success in the Adriatic against the Austrian fleet has made the Italian troops uncharacteristically buoyant (102 NM). However, this doesn't change the simple fact that the Italian army doesn't really have the composition to mount serious offensives. I intend to fight a purely defensive war with the Italians and am investing heavily in trench warfare to facilitate this.

(no pic as I'm only allowed 5 per post...lame!)

And finally...

Royalmarines.png

Turn 26

An unusual lull in the battles across Europe. The Kaiser's forces shrink away from the front lines like the metaphorical turtle they represent, but it does make me wonder what Ash is planning.

In the north of Russia, the retaking of Vilna (at long last, although the people there were hardly oppressed- some say they threw fruit at the single invading corps) has freed up a frightening amount of Russian force which I can now hurl at the German northern front.

1915-08-14png1.png

Further south at Warsaw, much of the German forces have move back away from the front line. Is this a sign of an impending weapons upgrade? I hope not...

However, a silver lining- scouting cavalry revealed an empty Krakow! The city the Tsar spent so many men in vain trying to take has been left completely abandoned! Naturally we took it.

1915-08-14png2.png

Down in the south facing the Austrian mountains, things slowed down as artillery was moved into Lemberg to start pounding the enemy. I must say though, our forces here have definitely been whittled down. It may be hard to make proper ground without upgraded artillery to de-entrench.

1915-08-14png3.png

Good luck my Serbian friends.

1915-08-14png4.png

I decided to turn the screws up on Austria using the Italian army as I was disappointed with Ash's passivity. Taking just a single city might play with his mind enough to bring forces away from the Russian front, or prevent the Russians being blitzed when the Serbian front gets freed up.

1915-08-14-2.png

In the west, we continue the build up for a massive all-out offensive on Metz and Luxembourg.

I recieved an interesting event this turn- a chance to support the Greeks to join the Entente. I accepted- it will provide a nice jumping off point if I decide to press my 'Gallipolli' landing.

I haven't reported on the Adriatic in a while, but there hasn't been much to say, besides the general mopping up of the Austrian navy. Battleships are carved up and Entente NM soars. Glory to the righteous Triple Alliance!

Also, Holland slid a little further our way this turn.