Need some input for Cuff Titles

Saferight

Best helmet mod I've ever seen, anywhere.

Outstanding job and thank you for all your work in making and sharing them!

I appreciate the praise but it isn't perfect. I'm fairly new at this. Hope a lot of the mistakes don't turn people off from using them. I think the textures on most should make the mis positioned bolts on the M42s and missing ones on the coming fj helms bearable. I got lucky the German helms are some what easy to skin. The allied ones are a different story and my stahlhelm is off to all those who do some of those.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I have lots more coming.

I'm going to totally redo the Luftwaffe ones the eagles are way to damn big and i skipped out on any Blau colored helmets. I want to fix a bunch of the camo painted ones as well get rid of the white lines on them. More Helmets with decals. More White wash. Generally add a whole bunch of others for all the branches.

fx9m.jpg

a6i7.jpg

I've created my own medley of helmets, including several of yours, Saferight. The only criticism I have is that a few of them (generally among the "painted" ones, as far as I can tell) have glare along the line where the two halves merge, which creates a stripe down the middle when you see them in-game. Just something to keep an eye on. Otherwise they look great. I just downloaded the new FJ set.

Good to hear. One I would like to see is with the bread strap which was used on helmets.

You also showed an image of the ss helmet with the red shield emblem but I didn't see that in your ss mix.

Thx

It will be there along with some others. i'm not going to be stingy with the amount of emblems this time. ;)

I think i had around 150 helmets total maybe more with the previous packs but I'm not sure.

The mod is going to be much bigger with lots of categories. So I'm taking a break from it and CM in general but will be back to it shortly.

Started on re working my helmet mods into one. I've gotten about 25 more helmets added mostly Waffen SS helmet covers.

This one is going to be organized different in a few ways, one of them is this time the original covers are going to be separated from the repros. But still pretty sure most of you are going make your own personal mixes. So i wanted to know if i should even bother making mixes? or just leave that for you guys to pick what you like?

Any way heres some teasers next up is re doing a lot of the painted helms.

sfud.jpg

75io.jpg

0ev7.jpg

o6ic.jpg

+1 to what @para said. While theoretically making my own mixes would be a good idea, the reality is I just want to play so I'll dl everything and install one ready to go set and say to my self "I'll make my own mix later" but I never will :)

I like the set of helmets you have right now so looking forward to another set.

You have that faded. washed out helmet cover look just right, Saferight. That lower camo helmet in the last picture looks like it came from a photo.

What would be really wonderful to have are uniforms done in the same old, faded, washed out look. Most uniform mods currently available look way too clean and colorful - and the opposite of what camo should look like. And your xnt helmet mods make that very obvious.

I suppose ill make some mixes for those of you who just want to jump right in.

I will admit some of them don't go along with the general look of the game at times.Personally if they look really out of place, then I stay away from using those. But they are in there for those you who will find a use..

Also i'd love to be able to do uniforms but those experiments haven't worked out well so far. I want to bust out some nice photo realistic German smocks but that is still beyond my skills.