LOS/LOF and bunkers in CMBN 2.11

If the AT gun can see your tank then your tank can see the gun but just hasn't spotted it yet because LOS is always reciprocal.

The game engine considers bunkers to be units, not buildings, so they do not block LOS. They also do not block LOF for friendly units, but will block LOF for enemy units under some circumstances.

I think in some version bunkers were considered as vehicles.

Well, yes. Which is a type of unit ;)

If it is true what you write, then they are the perfect magic field for defense. Your enemy cannot see things hiding behind the bunker, yet you can fire through it as if it wasn't there. Really nasty.

The enemy can see right through the bunker, always. Whether or not they can shoot though it is situational. If the rules for bunkers are the same as for tanks then your tank should be able to shoot through the bunker at the AT gun. If it can't then BFC should take a look at that.

Another strange LOS/LOF case: my Forward Observer has ordered a fire mission to a gun. For some reason the mission isn't progressing. It's stuck in "firing for 1 minute" state and no mortar shells are flying. I tested FO team's LOS with target command and it has LOS to the enemy gun that is the target. Still, when I try to Adjust Target, then the FO team cannot target the gun anymore. I can put fire mission's target maybe 10 meters from the gun, but not to the place that I can select with Target command.

If the AT gun can see your tank then your tank can see the gun but just hasn't spotted it yet because LOS is always reciprocal.

I don't think the reciprocal is true, however, I stand to be corrected...

If true, then why is it that across wide open ground, an attacking unit with a clear LOS to an enemy unit, can see and kill it with one shot, while an enemy unit of exactly the same silhouette profile (or even lower), is unable to see the attacker at all, across the same ground?

Curious minds wonder... ;)

Regards,

Doug